Monday, April 30, 2012

Pregnancy - Week 31 & Doctor's Appointment

Are you tired of seeing my 'belly' pictures from my bathroom?  I have to get better at asking Nik to take them when he is around. So, I'm sorry you get to see my bathroom (and toilet) so often. Just sayin'. Pics of me at Week 31:




My doctor's appointment (last week) went very well. My blood pressure is good, Jax's heartbeat is good. I'm growing and gained weight. Like, 4 pounds of weight! I can't believe Dr. G did not get on to me about that! Partly, she thinks my weight is because of the swelling I have come to know this past week. She has been pleased overall with my weight and now is the time I will really start growing/gaining. I guess it is to be expected. Everything else was normal.

The new thing I now have to start doing is tracking the baby's movement. At some point during the day, I have to track that the baby has kicked/moved around at least 10 times in a 2-hour time period. Then check-off the date on my card and carry on with life. If the baby does not move 10 times within a 2-hour period all day - I have to go in to the hospital and have him checked out. They are very concerned with movement these days. It's how we know the baby is healthy.

I now have to do this everyday until I give birth. That, I was not aware of when I became pregnant.

The other day, Nik told me that during the night (while I was sleeping) he could feel baby moving all kinds. It's very cool. I'm glad that he can experience some of what I get to experience carrying baby.

1 comment:

  1. Looking beautiful! I didn't know the thing about movement either... crazy!

    ReplyDelete