Saturday, April 7, 2012

Baby Name!

This has been hard - picking a baby name. We have called our little one "Baby D" for so long now...and probably still will after he is born, which is okay. But we have finally decided on a name!

Before I give you the name, I'm going to take you through some of our name journey (in no particular order):

Everett
Gear
Van
Throttle
Davis Davis Davis = D3
Zane
Ezekiel
Justus
Dax
Joel
Jackson
Gage
Aaron

I'm sure there are more...but that is all we can remember at the time...

And our final name:

JAXEN (JAX)

Nik has loved the name 'Jax' for awhile...but I was not too sure on naming our kid that. It seemed like 'Jax' should be a nickname for something. So we pondered the name Jackson, calling him Jax. But I was only okay with the name. Then, after looking at some pics on the internet of nurseries, I saw this name above a crib: Jaxen! Right when I saw it - I knew I liked it better than Jackson.

Now, I know the names Jackson and Jaxen when said out loud are pretty much the same, unless you are really good at pronunciation and really pronounce the 'son' after Jackson, insted of the 'en'. However, we love the name, and the spelling - so we are going with it!

The middle name we have picked out (long before we ever thought of having a baby) is after my father. It was his middle name. HOUSTON. Yes, as in the town. We love it, and I love that it was a part of my fathers name.

Jaxen Houston Davis


What do you think?!

I'm glad we finally have a name! Although, we reserve the right to change his name until the Birth Certificate is signed. If we regret it later - oh well. The kid will probably end up in therapy for one reason or another...

2 comments:

  1. I still like Everett, but Jaxen is Cute too. Congrats on the name. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Jax is such a cute nickname! Great choice, thanks for sharing!! :-D

    ReplyDelete