Monday, April 23, 2012

Highlights

Highlights from the past couple of days:

Goodbye long hair, split ends, heaviness, boring, old, 8 inches...



Hello short hair, light, fluffy, nice, cool, new...


So far, I am really loving the new cut. It is easy, fun, and cool! It's a bit of shocker, though. I don't know if Nik is used to it or not... maybe in a few more days!

Some beautiful flowers my boss' gave me before they left out of the country on a mission trip for 2 1/2 weeks:



And we finally did it... we made our own laundry soap! It was pretty cheap for all the ingredients:


And really easy to make!




Sunday, I washed our first load with it (had to sit overnight) and we think it is a winner! So far, I have washed sheets and towels (wanted to wait on washing clothes with it, until I knew the sheets and towels came out good). It's a different consistency than 'normal' laundry soap, but I'll get used to it. So far, we like it and I think we will use it for good! And it's sensitive enough for baby's clothes, so I will not have to have other laundry soap.... I think. I am waiting to see how well it does with stains... I'll keep you updated.

My house is clean. Floors mopped and bedspreads washed kind-of-clean. I'm getting ready for some company! In just a few days my sister will be here! I'm very excited to see her.

We also have Small Group this week, a Rummage Sale this weekend and my baby shower on Thursday! Gearing up for a busy (but fun) week!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Awesome weekend! Awesome hair! Small groups are the best... been meaning to ask, what church do you belong to?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! I can't wait. Only 2 more days to go. I will call you Tuesday night or Wednesday morning and give you an update. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your hair. It looks really cute. I so need to hurry up and get mine done with all this heat down here.

    I will have to try homemade laundry soap one time.

    ReplyDelete