Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter Sunday

We had a wonderful Easter Sunday. Our church shared breakfast together before heading to church to watch an Easter Musical. The musical was great - really reflecting on the power of Christ.

The Easter Story is one I know well, I have heard it many times. But still, no matter how many times I 'hear' it - it speaks to me differently every time. We have been studying different aspects of the events leading up to Jesus' crucifixion, in Sunday School. One of the things that spoke to me this year was how Jesus did not deny that he was the Son of God. The Bible tells us of how Jesus was falsely accused by the people and how their testimonies of Him did not line up against each other..."The high priest stood up before them all and questioned Jesus, 'Don't You have an answer to what these mean are testifying against you?' But He (Jesus) kept silent and did not answer anything. Again the high priest questioned Him, 'Are you the Messiah, the Son of the Blessed One?' 'I am,' said Jesus.... (Mark 14:60-62).

Jesus stayed silent through the false accusations...but when asked about who he was...there was no silence. No denial. "I am."

One day I will stand before God. What will my life reflect before that time? Silence? Denial? or proclamation that Jesus is the Son of God?

I am unworthy of what God has done for me. He is worthy.

The link below is to an incredible song that has really meant a lot to me this Easter season.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRAQ7XCJefQ&feature=related

*****

After church, many of us gathered at the park to eat lunch and hang out. It was a great, relaxing, fun time! We stayed until 6pm...it was the perfect Sunday afternoon - food, friends, laughter, shade, breeze, warm weather, feet propped up, ladder ball, boccee ball, bikes, frisbeee's, green grass, tall trees, blue sky....

You get the picture.

I hope that your Easter was good. I hope that you understand what happened on this weekend so long ago. That there is a God. That he sent His Son as a sacrifice, to die, for us. But that he overcame death and the grave. We are not worthy. But He is is so worthy...

No comments:

Post a Comment