Sunday, April 15, 2012

Pregnancy - Week 29 & Prepared Childbirth Class #3 & Doctor's Apt.

Hello week 29. Hello major pains running down my hips and into my legs. Yes, Jax has discovered some of my nerves that are linked to my hips/legs. The doctor gave me a few helpful hints to relieve some pressure when needed. So far this week, I only had 2 days of pain, which the doctor told me was normal and that I am experiencing some of the 'mild discomforts' of pregnancy. Good to know.

*****

Week 29 we attended the 3rd week of Prepared Childbirth Class - this class time, we toured the hospital. We got to see the waiting room, the check-in desk, the triage rooms, the labor and delivery rooms and the postpartum rooms. Lots to see. Lots to learn. Here is some of what I walked away with:

 * Nurses refer to 'delivery' as 'spewing out baby'.
 * Did you know (as I'm sure everyone in the world knows but me) that you have an IV in you, a Blood Pressure Cuff on you, and 2 monitors strapped to you while 'spewing out baby'? That's a lot of stuff. All I'm saying.
 * I saw the bed with the stirrups attached in the upright position. Intimidating.
 * Baby is the driver in labor and delivery.
 * You can have a plan - but don't be too attached to your plan. Baby dictates it all.

That's just a few of the things learned.

Nik and I now have to have some conversations about how we want this whole birthing experience to go. There's lots to think through and decide on.

*****

I also had a doctor's appointment Wednesday. I did not see my regular doctor, Dr. G, but still had a very nice doctor check me over. Everything is smooth sailing so far. Heartbeats, weight and measurements are all where they should be. (I gained 1 lb. from my last visit). I now start seeing the doctor every 2 weeks. Not too much else to report. It was a quick, easy exam!

*****




No comments:

Post a Comment