* Jaxen is starting to lose some of his hair. Sad. I love his hair. Everyone told me it would happen, but I didn't think he would - since he hadn't lost any yet. I may have a bald baby soon. At least he will be a cute bald baby.
* This week we are 'Task-Mastering' as I have named it. We are trying to accomplish all that we can off our to-do lists before I head back to work next week. Eye appointments, meeting with our Insurance rep, lunch with friends, errand running, returning borrowed maternity clothes, house cleaning... you get the picture.
* After bath time tonight, we put Jaxen in his robe. TOO CUTE!
* Tuesday, August 7, Jaxen will be 8 weeks old and I head back to work (part-time). I am excited to go back to work. I miss my work people. And I miss my job. I know it will be a little busy and stressful my first couple of weeks back - just getting in the groove of everything. And missing my little boy. But I think I will be okay... I think. I am eating up my time with Jaxen. I cuddle him extra long in the quiet mornings and give him extra kisses whenever I can, trying not to take any of this time for granted. It is precious time and I am so glad (and grateful to my husband) that I was able to stay home for 8 weeks!
* Speaking of going back to work, I do not think I have updated you on my childcare situation. God has worked it all out! There is a girl / lady / woman (not sure what the proper term is - she is in her mid-20's) that attends our church and has graciously offered / agreed to take care of Jaxen while I am at work! She was a paramedic and has taken care of babies before. She is great with Jaxen. And the wonderful thing - she is coming over to our house to watch him! Jaxen will not have to be carted off each day, without his stuff. He will be at home, in his surroundings!
* I am sure there are more updates... but that is all you get this evening. 'Baby Brain' is starting to set in!