Thursday, April 5, 2012

San Antonio

This past weekend, we had a little get-a-way to San Antonio. I have been wanting to do this for a couple of months, and it finally happened!

I took off work Friday morning and we hit the road at 8:30am. On the way to San Antonio, we stopped at the San Marcos / Tanger Outlet Malls. (I was in need of a few clothing items to replace what has stopped fitting me). We had pretty good luck finding the things I needed. We finally made our way into San Antonio late that afternoon. We checked into our hotel and then planned out the evening - which included dinner, movie, and the Riverwalk.

We had dinner at a place that was recommened to us by one of my co-workers. It was called Lulu's Bakery and Cafe. This particular place has been highlighted on the TV show, "Man vs. Food," for their Chicken Fried Steak and Cinnamon Roll. We shared a Chicken Fried Steak meal. This particular one we got (and what they are known for) was covered in queso. And was huge.


After we ate that (no, we did not eat it all) - we had to order a cinnamon roll. This is not just any cinnamon roll. It was 3 lbs! It was seriously big. Most people we saw, ordered it to go - but we ordered ours warmed up and with 2 forks. And it was yummy! Don't worry, we did not eat all 3 lbs...in fact, we have been eating on it for a few days! I did eat a lot though. I love cinnamon rolls (pregnant or not) and it was worth all the calories. But I do forget that they expand in your tummy - and I got very full!



After dinner and before the movie, we stopped by the hotel to drop off the cinnamon roll. While we were waiting for the elevator, I commented to Nik that Baby D was really kicking. In my mind, it was because a) he was happy he got fed or b) the sugar from the cinnamon roll was making him active. You know what Nik's response was.... "Baby is probably freaking out because he is running out of room inside your tummy with all that cinninamon roll, and he is trying to tell you!" Ha ha ha! I laughed so hard at his comment. Because it felt kind of true...the way he was moving around inside!

Saturday we slept in and then checked out of our Hotel. We had a little time to kill, so we went to the Market Square and looked around. It was a pretty fun area....we wish we had a little more time. But we wanted to watch the children from our church participate in the District Quiz Meet. So we left and went to where they were competing. It was great to see the children competing in Bible Quizzing and they did so good!

After the Quiz Meet, we went to lunch (again, at a place recommended by my co-worker). This place was called Big Lou's Pizza - and was also highlighted on "Man vs. Food". They are known there for their 42" pizza. No, we did not order it! What we ordered (also highlighted on the show) was thier BBQ Brisket Pizza. Yummy!

After lunch, we decided to hit the road and head home. There was one more shopping place we wanted to stop at. (I am in need of a dress to wear for Nik's Ordination Service coming up and still had not found one - but we got lucky at this last place! I now have a dress!). Now, I just have to watch how much of that cinnamon roll I eat. Ha!

I know we were not gone for long...but it was so nice. Nik and I had such a great time together. Talking, laughing, and just hanging out. We both pretty much ignored our phones and concentrated on spending time with each other. It was needed and good for our "Love Tanks".

We realized this was probably our last 'fun' trip we would take as a couple. Next time, we will have a little one with us! And that is a good thought!

1 comment:

  1. We went to San Antonio on Friday-Sat too this weekend. Very cool places to eat. Looks like you guys enjoyed thats good.

    ReplyDelete