Saturday, April 28, 2012

Baby Shower

FYI - this is probably the longest post ever... you have been warned...

Thursday night our church held a baby shower for us. It was a sweet time. I was a little nervous about going... not sure why, but I was! It was wonderful. There were so many sweet people there. I have really grown to love all these ladies in my church and it was pretty awesome how loved I felt and how loved I already know Jax is!

On to the pics and details:


My sister and I (she was the photographer for the night)

The Hostesses (Annette, me, Heather, Dorene) 

Mints, Cake, and punch (love the rubber duckies!) 

Fruit trays, Cheese tray, and Noah's Ark (more on that later) 

Diaper Cake & Sock Monkey 

Sweet Halley & I - Halley made the Diaper Cake all by herself.
She has been super excited about Jax!

Do you see my tongue sticking out...not sure why?! 

Does this look like I am at an Auction?! 

A Baby Einstein Play Mat - thing. 

"Our sweet, little Jaxen Houston...
Oh my, how your name caused quite a burden!
At last your shower date is finally here,
And the thing we wanted to buy you has disappeared!
No worries, it's coming next week straight to the store,
And we wrote you this poem so having nothing to open wasn't such a bore!
See, you had to have a place to lay your head...
So Cassidy, Debbie, Jan, Becky C, Amber, Janie and Becky J ordered your bed!
We are all going to be here to watch you grow,
And we love you, mommy, and daddy more than you will ever know!" 

A sweet, Precious Memories Boys Bible. 

The cutest bath robe and slippers! 

Decorations for Jax's Nursery.

All of our gifts were special and we loved them all. However, this next gift meant a lot to Nik. Here is the back story: We have come to know and really love this older couple in our church, Dorene (in the Hostess pic) and Coleman. We have been to their house several times for different occasions, but one day they invited us to come for lunch. During that lunch, they gave us the 'grand tour' - which included Coleman's shop and we got to see some of the woodwork he does. The woodwork that we saw (and fell in love with) is the toys that he makes. He has made many different toys for all his grandkids, but our favorite was the Noah's Ark that he built. After that lunch, when we were in the car headed home Nik mentioned how he would love to have something like this one day when we had kids. We never really gave it another thought because we were not thinking of having kids any day real soon, and we knew Coleman really just made this stuff for his grandkids.

Fast forward to the Baby Shower - I walked in and saw this:

Amazing! So exciting and meaningful to us! He made and painted every little piece!
This is something we will always treasure!

We received so many gifts. Clothes, bath stuff, baby medication, blankets... I don't even know what all! What is funny though, is we did not receive (besides the diaper cake) any diapers! Isn't that funny? I did not register for diapers because people told me that was just an automatic gift that you get at showers. Too funny!

After we got home from the shower, Jessica and I lounged on the couch while Nik sat in front of us, re-opening each gift. It was a special time for Nik, because he got to see all the incredible stuff we received and it was fun for me, because I got to spend a little more time looking at each one. We stayed up way too late looking at everything - but it was so fun!
And that is a recap of the Baby Shower (basically. I probably left something out...)!

We feel very loved and very blessed by our church family!

2 comments:

  1. I had a blast, thank you for inviting me. I am glad you got a lot of nice things to help you and Nik out with Baby D (Jaxen).

    P.S. It was nice to meet you Jessica.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Jenn. Same to You. I loved being a part of this special time in your life, Carla!!!!! I had too much fun and I NEVER thought I would see you stay up that LATE. I had such a great time.

    ReplyDelete