Sunday, April 1, 2012

Pregnancy - Week 27 & Doctors Apt.

At week 27, I was scheduled for some blood work to be done. Before this blood work could take place, I had to fast (from food and drink - just a couple of hours) after 7am, drink a glucose drink at 9am, and then have my blood drawn at 10am. I was nervous about all this - but I did fine! I don't know why - but I tend to be nervous about this kind of stuff.

I'm assuming that my diabetes test came back normal - or they would have called.

My iron was a little low - I'm not anemic...but Dr. G put me on some extra iron for this last trimester. Which I have been told, means I need some extra fiber!

She also changed the times of day I am taking my prenatal vitamin, calcium and iron supplements. And I have to make sure to get in 2 additional calcium's a day. Not too hard.

The rest of my blood work was good. I am scheduled to give blood again, and do one more last round of testing during week 36.

The rest of my appointment went well. Baby D's heartbeat is really good, and was kicking something fierce that morning! My blood pressure was good and I only gained 2 pounds (last time I gained almost 4....and that was apparently a little much!). I was very happy with my 2 pound weight gain. So far, that leaves me at a plus 4 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight!

My hips have started hurting during the night and in the mornings. But Dr. G said this was normal...and to keep sleeping on my sides and just use extra pillows. I already share a bed with Nik and a body pillow...I'm not sure many more pillows will fit!

I did experience (what I now know to be) Braxton Hicks Contractions. This took place Friday night, after a long day with lots of walking. I knew I was getting tired and right as we hit the parking lot to find our car - that is when they started. It was a little weird at first, because I have never felt that certain pain/cramp before. So I stopped for a minute and then just walked slowly to the car. The rest of the night, I just laid in bed, with my feet propped up, resting. I felt better after a bit. I do know (and have learned) that when my body tells me I have overdone it, I better stop and take it easy. After that night, I have not felt them again.

And guess what? I think we have finally picked a name! Nik and I are going to settle on it for a few more days....and then we will share! (By the way - we reserve the right to change names at any point - until it is on the Birth Certificate).

This week, I am looking forward to finally getting our nursery painted...we will post pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment