Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Garage Sale-ing

This past Saturday, Nik and I went to hunt out all the great garage sales. Before we left, we had to have some necessities:

A cup of water; hot, gooey, donuts; iphone (map) and a list addresses.


We were out from 7:30 until 10:30am and only came home with these goodies:

A clock; a baby carrier and a $5 bill!


All in all, we spent a total of $3.00. We had actually spent $8.00 but on the way home, Nik suddenly pulled the car over and (after I yelled at him for scaring me), told me he saw $5.00 in the road. I thought he was kidding - he was not! He got out from the car, walked to the middle of the road and picked up a $5.00 bill. A great ending to our hunt!

I wished the garage sale-ing had been a little better....but that is okay. There is lot's of spring still and many other garage sales to hit! I welcome them!

On another note - Saturday and Sunday afternoons (for me - Nik was working) were spent laying on my couch in complete silence with the front door open (screen locked), breeze blowing in...napping! It was fantastic. I love love love quiet nice afternoons. I spent about 2 hours each afternoon just that way.

I felt guilty for a little bit each day - because there is always something else I could be doing - but then I got over my guilt and decided that this was me taking care of Jax and I. Rest is sometimes the best thing I can do for us.

Lots more happened this past weekend - but those were my 2 highlights!

2 comments:

  1. Yummy!

    And awesome finds! Great work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a day! I love the donut, those always help to start out with.

    ReplyDelete