Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Work Weekend

About 2 weeks ago, I made the comment to Nik that Easter Weekend was officially our 'Work Weekend'. I have a long list of to-do's that need to be done. I am getting bigger by the minute - so I mentioned to Nik that if he wants any help with this long list of to-do's, it has to get done quick! So we had planned out all that we wanted to accomplish over the weekend. (On top of the few events we already had scheduled: Kids Easter Extravaganza we were helping with, an Easter Musical Friday night and cooking a casserole for Sunday Easter Breakfast).

We knew it was going to be a busy weekend, so we started out Tuesday night, purchasing some needed supplies: nails, paint, paint brush...etc.

Thursday, Nik had the day off of work so he woke up and was super productive! By the time I talked to him at lunch he had already mowed and manicured the lawn (front and back), laid all the new floor transitions down, and was about to wash Gunther! After I got home that evening, I realized that he had even filled nail holes and painted the first coat in the nursery.



After all the work that Nik had done that day, I decided I had better be productive as well - so I cooked a yummy dinner and then finished caulking the last of the quarter round that Nik laid and started painting baseboards. I had painted some already...but we had to paint them in the Nursery, Extra Bedroom, our Bedroom and Living Room still - so it took awhile!



Later that evening, Nik and I caught up on a about a year's worth of filing! Crazy, I know...no judgement, please. It was on the list and now it is done. 

Friday was productive as well. We painted the second coat in the nursery, painted some window sills, cleaned our A/C vents, and took stuff to Nik's office (where it belonged...instead of on our kitchen cabinets)! That afternoon Nik got a much needed hair cut and I cleaned house for a lady. Friday night we attended our Church's Easter Musical and went out afterward for burgers and yogurt - Yum!

Saturday morning Nik and I headed to church to help out with the Children's Easter Extravaganza. I helped in Registration, and then hung out with Nik. He was the one in charge of 'Story Time' and he did a great job! We went to lunch and then hit the grocery store that afternoon.

Saturday late afternoon/evening we cleaned up the house from all the work we had done, put everything away, returned tools we had borrowed and took some time out of the day to take some pictures out in the blue bonnets! The blue bonnets have been especially beautiful this year with the spring rains we have received.

That was our work weekend! It was a lot of stuff to do - but it is DONE! Pics of the nursery coming soon...

2 comments:

  1. Woot woot! Good work! I love that feeling of accomplishment :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cant wait to see pics of the room.

    ReplyDelete