Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Weekend Update

This past weekend was a crazy whirl-wind.

Thursday afternoon I took off work about 3pm, just as Jessica (my sister) was arriving in town. We gave her the grand tour of our home and our church and then cooked dinner at the house. After dinner we got ready for the Baby Shower and headed off.

Friday, I had taken off work, and Nik decided to hang out with us that day as well. So guess where we went for lunch? Greek food! (I'm sure you all guessed correctly - because where else do we go when someone new is in town...?).

Jessica, enjoying her first Greek Food experience!

Friday night, Nik put Jessica and I to work on the Rummage Sale. We cleaned, sorted, priced and setup items for the next days sale. It was a late night, for sure. However, we did manage to have some good quality time together and get in a few laughs at these fellows:

You can't have a rummage sale without these men
modeling all the stuff for us!

Yup, that's my cutie husband - in a sequined girls top
showing off his moves!

Two more of our favorite goof balls!

Saturday at the Rummage Sale we had a great time! It was a super early morning, but we made some good money for the Mission Trip and had lots of fun. Around 2:30 PM, Nik ordered me to leave (not help with cleanup) and stop by another Church Garage Sale that was happening. I could not say no - so I took off. At the other Garage Sale, I arrived just in time to 'Fill a bag for a buck'. Super! I filled a plastic bag full of all the baby boy clothes I could get my hands on before they boxed them up. I got some great stuff. They are all washed and ready to be worn!

That evening was RELAX time. We were both worn out. My body was definitely telling me to do nothing but lay down and rest. So I did. And we ate pizza.

Sunday we went to Church, as normal... but during the service they called us to the front of the church. They wanted to recognize us in front of the congregation and congratulate us on Nik's Ordination (that will be held later this week). The pastor said some real nice things about Nik and handed him this gift:



Then, the Pastor's wife said some nice things about me and gave me this gift:


It was a real special time for us, to be honored by our church family. That evening, they held a reception in our honor:



As much as I love cake, between this reception and the Baby Shower - I think I've had all the cake I want!


1 comment:

  1. Glad the rummage sale went well. I am sad we missed it. The guys looked like they had way to much fun, lol! Cute gifts you guys got.

    ReplyDelete