Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Prepared Childbirth Class #1

Tuesday evening Nik and I attended our first Prepared Childbirth Class. I can honestly say, that I was super excited! Nik, however, was not. I don't think he wanted to go at all. But he did. I ran home from work with 20 minutes to eat and get ready to go (thanks to Nik, dinner was waiting on the table for me). And then we were off.

I'm not sure how to sum it up...it was not bad, it was not great, I learned some, I did not learn as much as I thought....

Basically - our teacher was nice and a little funny, but not a good teacher. Know what I mean? I was there to LEARN. I wanted information - and I wanted all of it. There were topics that I felt she jumped over, or didn't really give good information...but assumed everyone knew it already. There are 3 more classes to attend still - so I may get better information as we go.

But I did go away learning some new stuff....I probably will not share much of what I learned, because it definitely falls into the category of 'Too Much Information'. And most of you who read this blog are all updated on the subjects already - and those of you who are not updated...I'm going to let you keep your innocence!

Whether or not I learn as much as I want or not...Nik and my saying still holds true throughout the Labor and Delivery process: "Dumber people (than us) have done this"!

I was very, very tired after a full day of work and seeing the doctor, and fasting, and stressing over blood being drawn (more on my doctor's appointment later). But I did learn 3 breathing techniques. Who would like to take bets to see if I can get Nik to practice them with me?! I'm off to try....!

No comments:

Post a Comment