Thursday, March 22, 2012

Thoughts

There is not much to post about these days, but there seems to be so much going on! Work has been a little crazy and hectic this week. It makes me a bit more tired at night when I get home after days like this. Last night, at one point, I looked at Nik and told him I feel like my emotions were out of control. And that I was so tired of trying to keep them all in control. So I cried for a minute. And then I went to bed. I awoke this morning feeling much better.

We had Youth Service last night, and the message that Nik shared with the teens was awesome. The messages are always good, and I know he puts a lot into preparing them, but there are sometimes when they really hit home. I know that he seeks God's message for his youth each week and we pray over what is shared and how it is received. I never want our responsibility of prayer for these youth to waiver. It is a big responsibility. I am praying for them now. Many of them seem to be 'getting it'...it's exciting. Pray for Nik's leadership to them if you think of it.

Part of what has been going on this past week is preparing for the Youth Events coming up this summer. Nik always has a busy summer with the youth, but we are trying to be really prepared this summer, with Baby D's arrival right smack in the middle of it all. We have a parent meeting on Sunday, sharing all the major events, costs, registration details and deadlines. Nik is trying to pull all the details together (which includes having back-up sponsors for events incase Baby D decides to come early!). Lots to do, lots to think through, lots to pull together and communicate....

This weekend we are taking a short (less than 24 hour) road trip to see some very special people...my grandmother, my mom and my aunt! I'm very excited to see these three ladies and spend some much-needed-family time with them. Gunther is coming along for (as) the ride!

I hope the rest of your week/weekend is good. Make memories. Enjoy your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment