Monday, March 5, 2012

Pregnancy - Week 22 & 23

Week 22 - I have officially lost my filter (This actually happened around week 17, but got really bad this week). Nik said so. I share my thoughts/opinions way more than I should, and I don't do it very tactfully.

Remember when I mentioned 'pregnancy brain'? Here is proof #217 that it exists. My boss was on his way into a meeting when he asked me to bring him his cup of coffee when it finished making (about 3 minutes). I told him I would. ONE HOUR later, I remembered his coffee! I took it into the meeting, looking very sorry and he just laughed at me. He knew I forgot! I'm thankful for such an understanding boss! That is proof.

Foods I discover I no longer like: oranges, peanut butter, mexican (cheese quesidillas do not count), and chipotle burritos.

Foods I cannot get enough of: potatoes - all kinds, fixed all ways; burgers - still my favorite food, so glad Baby D enjoys this scrumptious food!

My first food craving - canned peaches! Seriously. So yummy. I eat them everyday. I even made Nik go to the store late one night because I knew I did not have any to eat the next day. He went and I ate!



Week 23 - (My filter has been found!)

Nik and I were walking through the grocery store one night, and I kept telling him that I think I felt my belly growing...like in that particular moment. He thought I was being weird and said there was no way I was feeling my belly grow. So - Question: has anyone else felt their belly growing?! Tell me I'm not crazy! Actually, you don't have to tell me I'm not crazy....I have discovered that being pregnant, is a bit like being crazy.

Weight Gain: I don't think I have updated since week 19, where I was down 4 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight. Well, I think I can safely say that there will be no more posts about being down on the scale. I have reached my pre-pregnancy weight and then some. I hope to still post my weight gain (it is good accountability and these are memories) - however...if it gets off the chart-bad....I may have to re-think that! Ha! With all that said: I am + 2.

I learned that in the last two weeks and the next two weeks that the baby doubled in size. I'm going to blame my weight gain on that. Not on the pizza and biscuits & gravy that I have consumed (a little much of) the past couple of weeks. That is all I am saying on the topic for now.

So this past week, I wore a certain outfit to work (there is where a picture would normally be inserted, but I cannot find it). So, we are just going to go with it..... An elderly woman came in to talk to me, and as she was leaving she made this comment: "You are looking very motherly. This is the one time it's okay to be fat"..... Yes, she did! So, not only am I now fat...I'm apparently motherly - which, with the way she said it, I'm not sure is a good thing! Ha! However, I actually did get a few compliments that day on my shirt. It's just funny what people say to you when you are pregnant!

A few weeks ago, I did have one man tell me that I look younger. Nice. But, I'm 30 and pregnant....I'm not sure which part makes me look younger! Ha!

Enjoying and embracing the memories...!

Nik and I are officially signed up for birthing classes. They will start the end of March.

Looking forward to this next week: A Doctor's appointment! I'll let you know how it goes.


2 comments:

  1. OH man, I struggle with the filter thing now, I don't even wanna know what it'll be like when I'm [someday] preggo! Looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww dont you look cute with your baby belly. You better get use to all kinds of words until you have that baby. LOL!

    ReplyDelete