Monday, March 19, 2012

6 Random Updates

* Last week, Nik took some teens on a Ski Trip to Ruidoso, NM. They had such a great time. I was only a lot little jealous and bitter that I could not go. But I was happy to see my cutie husband when he returned late Saturday night!

* Since Nik was gone, Gunther (our car) and I bonded this week.

Side note / Funny story: I was making plans to have lunch with a friend on Saturday and I texted her to see if she wanted me to pick her up in Gunther, or meet her at the restraunt. She replied with "I'll just meet you, because I don't know where Gunther is." Ha! It made me laugh really hard. I guess not everyone knows that Gunther is the name of our car....

I also spent over an hour detailng/cleaning the inside of Gunther. Since we bought it, we have not really had time to 'detail' it. So that is how I spent my Friday night while Nik was gone. We just have to do a few more things to Gunther which Nik will do this week, and then it will be ready for our first road trip together this weekend!

* My neighbor offered to mow my lawn on Thursday night. It was very nice of him, and looks great! I love good neighbors. Now we still have to tackle the back yard (hopefully this week)...which has become a jungle...!

* I had lunch on Saturday with a friend. It lasted 3 1/2 hours. I know...crazy. But I was a little lonely and bored. So that's what you get! During our lunch, we did manage to make plans for a card night and plans for Easter...so it was productive.

* After lunch, I began the process of caulking the quarter-round to our baseboards (from when we re-did our floors). After a little trial and error (although, not much) I am a pro! I caulked until I ran out of caulk. I will try to finish this week. Then comes painting...! I am feeling the need to hurry up and get these house projects done. I am getting bigger each week and know that soon I will not really be capable of doing too much. Time is ticking!

* Baby D now has a shelf in our kitchen. Please tell me he won't need more than that - it's all I could give up.

That's my 6 random updates.

2 comments:

  1. I love that you name your car! Our is James :) I would have missed my husband too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww how cute. I love that you think that baby D is not going to take up much room LOL! Good luck with that.

    ReplyDelete