Friday, March 2, 2012

Weight Room

Remember way back when - when I told you we planned to turn our extra bedroom into a sewing/weight room? Then I broke my hand and found out I was pregnant?

Well, our extra room will now become the nursery - which is a good thing.

However, Nik had already given up his gym membership and was on the lookout for some weight equipment. He picked out his weights this past fall, but still needed a weight bench/station. Well, he finally found one awhile back and ordered it.

It is here, and setup now....in our bedroom! I know that probably sounds funny to most of you. But if you have ever seen our bedroom - it is a good size room, with not much in it. Meaning...wasted space. With the baby coming, we don't need any wasted space. So - our bedroom is a now a bedroom/weight room!

This is just the bench-thing. Nik still has to add his weights to it!
And if your looking for more description than bench-thing...call Nik!

And this is what it will look like, not in use.
(The bench moves, so it will be shifted to allow more room in the bedroom, when Nik is not working out).

And that's that! I still need to hang a white board on the wall so Nik can keep track of his progress and stuff, but I think this will work well. If not, we'll do something different down the road!

And on a more girly-note: I received the last of my monthly flowers. Remember the fundraiser card I bought, where I received flowers every month. That is what I'm referring to. On this last card, I gave away my flowers each month (for 5 months) to someone who needed a little encouragement, or to say 'thank you'. Well, this month, I kept the flowers for myself and they are beautiful!


I am looking forward to a fun, relaxing weekend this weekend. This will be my first Saturday since the New Year to SLEEP IN. And I plan to take full advantage of this gift! I do not plan to leave my bed until I'm fully ready - not to answer the phone, or the door...only to go potty and eat. (Which those two things now run my life - Ha!) So for all you people out there who planned to call me early Saturday morning: don't. do. it!

I do have to clean a house for someone, and attend a wedding shower...but other than that - I hope to be super productive around the house. There are many things on the 'To Do List Before Baby D Arrives'. Maybe I'll post more about this list soon!

Happy Friday and hope your weekend is great!

1 comment:

  1. Yea a baby's room how exciting for you guys.

    ReplyDelete