Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Weekend-ing

Some Highlights:

* Friday afternoon, Nik and some teens from our church drove to Austin to meet up with another youth group and participated in the 30 Hour Famine. All in all, there were 26 people who participated and around $6,000 was raised! Exciting! They had a great time, and learned a lot. Thank you to everyone who gave money - We appreciate it so much, and know it will be used well.

* Making a Card Ring - I saw this idea on a couple other blogs this past year. I mainly saw this idea for Christmas Cards, but decided I was going to do this for Baby D's cards. It's really simple and very cute (although my pictures don't quite do it justice). I purchased a neckring (5") and some ribbon. Then you hole punch your cards/letters/etc. and put them on the ring. Then in between every few cards, you tie some ribbon.




My card ring will grow as I receive more cards. But I wanted to keep and remember every single card, well-wish and prayer for Baby D - and this is the perfect way to do it! And once I'm ready to pack it up for storage, they are all together and I can just pack it away, as is. Currently, it is on a doorknob in my kitchen (where I can see it everyday).


* Spring Day - Sunday was such a beautiful, warm day here in Central TX! (Don't get me wrong - I miss winter, I wish we actually had a winter, but I will enjoy a beautiful spring day if they come). Our 1/2 tree (remember it splitting and falling last spring?) is blooming, and it is beautiful!

Nik decided to give Gunther a bath, while I sat in my lawn chair and read my book! Then we both proceeded to sneeze all afternoon - thanks to the lovely blooms!


* Suprise Gifts - Thank you, Elliott Family for our fun package we received for Baby D! So so very very excited...more each day. I can't wait to meet our little Baby D!


And I also received some Maternity Tops from a lady at church. Yah! They were definately needed! I am outgrowing things daily. But, I am glad to say, that I have been able to wear a good-chunk of my own clothes for a long time!

* Goal Setting - I have mentioned a few times that we have a 'To Do List Before Baby D Arrives' and on Sunday night, we set some goals for the week to start accomplishing things on that list!

* Rest - Yes, I slept in on Saturday. I was lazy. I had lunch with a friend that lasted entirely too long, but yet, not long enough (don't you love that?). I napped on Sunday. I hung out with my cutie husband (after he returned) and we laughed and had fun.

Weekend-ing was good. It was what it is supposed to be (in my mind). Hope yours had some highlights, too!

2 comments:

  1. Hey that card thing is a very cute idea. I usually put mine in the trash or if something then in my scrapbook, but thats a neat idea.

    I love your tree. I wish our trees would start to bloom.

    Very cute stuff for the baby.

    Glad you and baby are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw! What a fun weekend! I love the card ring!

    ReplyDelete