Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Nesting...?

I don't think I'm nesting yet (hello....the nursery is still an empty, non-painted, nothing in it, room. All the baby stuff we have is currently piled in my living room because I refuse to put anything in the nursery until we at least paint.). But some people think I have started nesting. I just think I'm being myself!

Example 1: The other night I cleaned out our 'Tea/Coffee Cabinet'. Yes, we have a whole top cabinet section in our kitchen that is dedicated to Hot Tea / Coffee stuff. (Top shelf - mugs; middle shelf - teapots and french presses; bottom shelf - teas and coffees). The funny thing....is that we are not huge tea/coffee people anymore. We used to be...before we moved to hot, humid Texas. Now we are not so much. But - I cleaned it out and it looks nice (I would normally insert pic but husband has camera). And minutes after I rearranged and organized it all I had a thought.... We hardly use this stuff and I have a whole cabinet dedicated to it. Won't Baby D need a cabinet (or at least a shelf) for all his stuff? (By the way.... I still have no clue about what stuff he will actually need, but I'm sure there is stuff, right? Like bottles?). So now I have the dilemma of doing something with all my beloved tea/coffee stuff (not get rid of) and make room for Baby stuff. Which means, I have to rearrange and organize my whole kitchen...again...which I did not long ago!

Example 2: In my office this week, I have felt the need to organize all the drawers and cabinets in the ministry area that I work in. We have accumulated lots of stuff over the past 2 years (remember my work burned, and we lost everything) and are outgrowing our space. We have purchased some new cabinets and I am still working to rearrange/organize it all. Today, I went through my file cabinet drawers and organized and labeled correctly. My boss now wants me to do his...but not until I go through a storage closet and a bookshelf that is located in my office. Then, after I do his office, I will tackle our computer files. I do feel the need to get everything in order before my maternity leave.

So that is what I'm up to these days. Cleaning, organizing and rearranging (which I love doing)! Not nesting. Isn't that just reserved for Baby stuff?!

1 comment:

  1. I love to organize and rearrange too! I too nest everywhere I am! I totally get it ;)

    ReplyDelete