Thursday, March 8, 2012

Pregnancy - Week 24 & Doctors Apt.

Today, I am 24 weeks and 5 days along in this pregnancy!


I went to the doctor this morning and overall had a good report. She officially wrote down 'Uncomplicated Pregnancy'. That felt good. I know things can change between now and June - but I'm thankful for the pregnancy I have had so far.

The baby's heart beat was good, as was my blood pressure.

I have gained 3.8 pounds since last time I have seen her. Dr. G's response: Let's try not to gain 4 pounds again when you see me next. Maybe keep it no more than 2. She is pretty strict, that lady. But good. I really do like her a lot.

When she did my measurements, she noted that I had increased by 6 inches since the last appointment. I was excited (to me, that meant that Baby D is growing good). Dr. G's response: 4 or 5 inches would have been a little better.

Ha! Her responses makes me laugh! She is not being mean when she responds - that is just the way she is. She takes my health very seriously and wants to see me have the healthiest pregnancy possible. Which includes not overeating and being lazy through these 9 months.

She did give me a compliment today (and I will forever cherish it because it may be the only one I get). She was looking over all my info and said "It says here you're 30...is that right?" I responded with a yes and told her I would be 31 around the due date. She said "Well, you don't look 30". Nice.

All in all, a good visit. I said 'no' to the shuttle people today who offered me a ride to my car. I figured I better walk...

Next appointment I have to have blood drawn and drink the gross-sugar-liquid to check for diabetes. I think I'll make Nik go with me to that appointment. He had to talk me through drinking cough syrup not too long ago. I need his support to drink the gross-sugar-liquid!

I have been exercising more this week and I have felt really good!

Below is one more pic of me this week - Yes, I'm wearing a red shirt again. Apparently I wore a red shirt 2 days this week to work. If that concerns you...sorry. It is the least of my worries to make sure I don't wear the same color of shirt twice in one week. My main concern is that I am wearing clean clothes, that fit! And for those of you, who didn't even notice I was wearing a red shirt in both pics....sorry the long paragraph concerning this issue!

1 comment:

  1. Aww! Sounds like you have a good doctor. I'm so glad things are going well for you! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete