Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012

Last year, in my post "2011" I wrote the following paragraph:

But with the year of 2011 comes the unknown. And I am okay with the unknown. I have surrendered this year to God, taking each day one at a time. I am praying for strength to do what He is calling us to do, guidance for the unknown territory we will cross, for perseverance when things are tough and that Nik and I will live each day intentionally for Him.

Wow. What a year 2011 has been. I'm so glad we started that year surrendering it to God! As I look back, it is only by His strength and guidance that we are where we are today.

Intentional. That was Nik and my 'theme' (if you want to call it that) for the year. We did well sometimes with being intentional, and other times, it was a bust! At times the thought crossed my mind that I was intentionally not being intentional. If that makes sense to anyone.... being intentional is hard. But so worth it.

So what about 2012. I wrote previously about all the unknowns happening this year. I don't know why I feel there are more unknowns this year than any other year. Each and everyday is unknown. Nothing is a sure thing.

So what is my desire for 2012? I think that my desire is to LOVE. To more deeply understand God's love. To show others God's love. To love my husband and baby and family and friends the way God intended us to love - with grace and compassion that only He can provide.

I am looking forward to 2012, I think it will be an exciting year for us. Filled with Joy. There are many things already planned and in the work for this next year. But I again, pray that we will surrender this year to God, taking each day one at a time. That we will have strength to do what He is calling us to do, that he will give guidance for the unknown territory we will cross, and perseverance when things are tough and that Nik and I will live each day in His Love.

Happy New Year to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment