Monday, January 16, 2012

Weekend Happenings

Friday, Nik left to attend EVO (a teen discipleship weekend). Nik and another youth pastor were in charge of this event and it went so well. They had a great group of teens attend from 6 different churches in Central Texas.

Nik is on the stage, second from the right.

I did not get to attend this year. So Friday after work, I hung out at the house doing some small chores and then headed out to spend some Christmas Gift Cards!

Purchases made at Bath & Body - mostly clearance items!

After the mall, I stopped in at Hobby Lobby. And took pictures. Is that weird, to take pictures of products in a store? Either way, that is what I did. I took pictures of boy and girl nursery inspiration ideas. I am not a decorator. In the least. But, Nik and I have some ideas, and I thought I'd share them with you (post coming soon)!

It was an early night for me because I knew Saturday would be a long day. Long it was. Since Nik was away, I was in charge of Upward Basketball for the day. I had help from another person, but I always feel I have to be extra-responsible and extra-on-top-of-things. So my day consisted of: starting games on time, coordinating referees, running the time clock, writing many notes for Nik of questions/concerns that came up, keeping score, taking pictures, visiting with families and kids, checking trashcans, cleaning bathrooms and picking up/cleaning when it was all over. Whew! That night I went home, laid on the couch, ate take-out and was in bed by 8:30pm - I was a zombie!

Even though I was so tired, I did not sleep well and by 7am Sunday, I decided I was up for the day. So I went grocery shopping. Wow! 7:30 on a Sunday morning is the absolute best time to purchase groceries. There are very few people there. And the people who are there, are very friendly that early in the morning. It was so nice...I'm thinking of making this my weekly grocery shopping time!

Then at 9:30am, off to church I went. And church delivered. And I needed it.

After church I went home, ate lunch, cleaned a bathroom, cleaned our bedroom, did laundry, cooked Monday night's dinner and did the dishes. My afternoon ended around 4pm when Nik came home. By 4:30pm we were both back in the Church Van and on the road with 11 teens to see Tim Hawkins. Funny, funny man.

It was a late night. Home by 10:30. But not even close to falling asleep until 11:30.

Today I am a little tired. However, I am trying to help Nik coordinate next Saturdays schedule and look at all the pictures I took from Upward. (I try to take at least 1 good picture of every kid playing - all 180 - for the end of year slide show). So the fun begins...deleting bad pictures, narrowing good ones down, and then recognizing who each and every kid is (their team and grade) before getting the final picture ready. I only have 5 weeks left.....got to go to work now!

3 comments:

  1. Steve and I take pictures in the store all the time. In fact we just did last weekend at hobby lobby as well for our bedroom. LOL! You are not alone. WOW what a busy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Glad I'm not the only weirdo...!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too go to Hobby Lobby and take pictures! How funny! I really did think I was the only one. What is it about Hobby Lobby that makes people take pictures?

    ReplyDelete