Friday, December 30, 2011

Pregnancy - 13 & 14 Weeks

These last two weeks I have felt really good. The tiredness feeling I had all the time, is not there anymore. Thankfully, I am getting back some of my energy! Although, I have to admit on Tuesday, December 27, I did sit on the couch for a good 80% of the day - just watching TV (not that typical of me). I did clean house a little bit. But basically, I was a hermit. And loved every second of it. I thanked Nik that night for letting me be so lazy! Ha!

I think I can now say that sweets don't make me sick anymore. At least not the 3 doughnuts I ate or the syrup that topped my waffle one morning. I am still trying to stay away from the sweets, though.

Even with all the food I ate over Christmas, I am currently down a total of 8 pounds. I'm not really sure how this is happening. I am not trying to lose weight. At all. It has got to be the lack of sweets and cokes. If only I had that kind of self-discipline the last 10 years...!

One night this past week, I could not sleep. At all. I just kept thinking of our little baby. My mind was flooded with images of our baby and how our life would look in 6 months. I can't hardly imagine it. But I am so excited.

Lots of unknowns. Hopefully, by the end of January we will know if we are having a boy or girl. We have started talking about how we want to decorate the nursery, and what kind of furniture we need to buy. Then the fun will begin!

Please pray for Nik and I as we work through all the unknowns. The peace of mind that we have through all of this, is that nothing is unknown to God! We are seeking His direction in our lives as we plan and prepare for our future family.

Well here is a pic of me, Week 14:

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I am so excited as well! I find myself constantly looking at baby stuff without even realizing it! I can`t wait much longer. And I totally love your BABY BUMP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you are feeling better. I can not wait to find out what he or she is. HAPPY NEW YEAR!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have the cutest little pooch.

    ReplyDelete