Sunday, January 29, 2012

Weekend Recap

What a fun day Friday was - I was 'giddy' all day! That evening Nik went to a soccer game while I finished cleaning out the closet in the nursery. I stayed pretty productive all evening and didn't go to bed until 10:30! I could not believe I stayed up that late!
 .
Saturday morning, 4:30, I woke up. Wide awake. And hungry. So I got up ate some cereal, and watched TV. Then we went to Upward. Fun, fun day. I love Upward! It is so cool to see these kids learn the skill of basketball, and learn about God in the process. Nik ended up reffing about 5 games and doing a half-time talk during every game. It can be hard work, but he loves the time on the court, getting to know the kids.


After Upward we ended up at a new burger place in town with 4 other friends. And we laughed. So much. It was so good, and needed! The main topic of conversation that night was, what to name our baby boy. Everyone loves to give their suggestions. And their suggestions included: Lex, Dax, Throttle, Van, Gear, Storm, and my personal favorite....Davis Davis Davis - he would be called D3. They even made up a sign for his name. I cannot tell you how hard they had me laughing. You probably had to be there...but I wanted to make sure to record these names somewhere, so someday I can look back and remember that fun night with our friends! And I can still say - we have NO baby name yet. Even with all their helpful suggestions! After dinner, I went home, took a hot bath and crashed into bed. And slept almost 12 full hours.

Sunday we had wonderful church services, one of which Nik even preached! He did a great job and really brought a message that our church needed to hear. We also ate green chili's all day. For lunch, I made green chile breakfast burritos, and for dinner I made green chile chicken enchiladas. Good thing Baby D is liking those green chilis, because we are on that kick right now....thanks mom, for those extra cans of green chili sauce. They were used today!

And that is basically our weekend recap. We did also do some grocery shopping, and cleaned a bathroom, worked on laundry, looked at a potential car to purchase and sorted through 400 more pics of kids for Upward. (I'm going to try really hard to get 75% done with all the pics this week. So that will be my evenings while Nik is at practice. To let you know where I am....we have 25 teams. I have 2 teams done so far.)

Hope this week goes well for you. I'm looking forward to a more quiet week than last week. Last week was awesome, so many good things happening, but I do like low-key weeks as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment