Friday, January 27, 2012

Ultrasound

Today we went in for an ultrasound on the baby. Before we left the house this morning, I asked Nik to make a prediction of what gender the baby would be. He guessed a girl. And I guessed a boy. We thought it would be fun to wear a shirt the color of the gender we represented. (Nik in pink, and me in blue). Here is a pic before we left the house this morning -


And here is a pic I took before they called me into the room. First, I have to say....how in the world do these gowns go on? In all the movies, the gowns open in the back. But if they are going to be messing with my belly, I think it makes sense to open in the front. That's what I did. For the record...I did ask another lady about it who was in the waiting room. She had no idea either.


And on to the very exciting news...

IT'S A BOY!

It was pretty funny, because the technician was trying to give us a picture of the gender instead of just telling us, but Baby D had his hands in the way and she could not get a good picture. She finally just blurted out that it was a boy. And after awhile Baby D moved his hands enough for us to see!

2 comments:

  1. yea!!!!! I am so excited for u guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A boy!! How very awesome!! Boys are great ... you will be a great mom of a little boy. :)

    ReplyDelete