Tuesday, June 21, 2011

These Days

I have bites on my legs. Really bad bites. Maybe chiggers? Maybe poison ivy? What else bites you and then spreads, swells and itches like crazy? Everyone who looks at my leg has a different opinion. Even the pharmacist. I tried taking pictures, but do you know how hard it is to get a good picture of your leg? Hard. Especially when you are super (duper) white. If you use the flash, all you get is a flash in the picture, because of the reflection from my leg. If you don't use a flash...well...it just doesn't turn out right either. So, you will just have to trust that my leg has bites, is red and kinda swollen. Oh yeah, and part of the bites look like they are infected with yellow puss bubbles on it. Is that too much information? Have I grossed you out yet? Just remember, my blog is titled 'The Days of Nik and Carla'. And, well, these are the days of Nik and Carla. Fun, huh? Be glad I have not shared with you the story of my big toe (yet). Surgery. Bloody. I have pictures. It was actualy a little traumatizing to me, so you might not ever hear about it...

Back to my post...

Nik's days, on the other hand (and if you are still reading) have been filled with family! He went home to see his dad on Fathers Day and had a great time visiting with everyone there. We don't get to GO see them very often because with Nik's position at the church, we have to be at church every Sunday; and with my job, I have to be there Monday - Friday. We are grateful they come see us so often! But it was good for Nik to get away a couple of days and hang out with his fam.

I stayed home - Someone has to 'bring home the bacon'! Ha!

Speaking (typing) of work, look at what happened on Monday:


I was sitting at my desk when I heard a loud noise. I looked out my window and saw one of those limbs on the ground! I went to go tell my co-workers and we went outside to get a better look. While we were out, the second limb fell! We could hear a few other trees cracking. But no others have come down yet. We had major winds yesterday. I guess that, combined with these trees being so dry - that is what happens. We have actually had this happen to us at home (twice)! Crazy.

Also - I have been eating. A lot. I am loving me some yummy Mexican Corn Dip. And brownies. Sometimes, even combined. With a Coke. Once, also with a sausage link. This is crazy, my eating. (And NO, I am NOT pregnant!) Good thing Nik is back to make sure I am eating (somewhat) healthy meals. Because let me tell you - although I am LOVING my food choices lately, I'm not feeling as good as normal. I had better start eating right (after I finish off the yummy Mexican Corn Dip, of course), exercising, and lose some more weight....

That's all I have for now. Oh, and by the way - I did get some chigger medicine from the pharmacist who looked at my legs. Yup, I used it 4 times. I woke up this morning with a really swollen, hurting, yellow-infected leg. At the advice of my co-workers (who think they are doctors) I took (scraped) the chigger medicine off my leg, and have been using a warm compress (off and on all day). My swelling is almost gone, most of the yellow-infected puss is out, and it is starting to look better. However, the bites on my other leg have gone from 7 to 11 overnight....The saga of the bites continue. I will keep you updated!

2 comments:

  1. Wow I can not believe that tree cut right down. Thats crazy that it can get that bad in one minute.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete