Thursday, June 23, 2011

Infection

My 'bites' got worse. I woke up Wednesday morning with 18 'bites' on my left leg, and my right leg was still swollen, red, and had yellow puss. My work ladies and I decided it was time to go to the doctor. I made an appointment and was at the Doctor's by 8:30 that morning. She told me they were not bites and that I had a bad skin infection. She thought it was a form of 'staph' or possibly 'impetigo'. She put me on antibiotics and a cream. I started taking all the medication, and was doing okay Wednesday evening.

Today (Thursday), the day started pretty well. My legs were not bad swollen, and the coloring was better. But by noon when I went to apply more medicine, my legs were really bad again. Major swelling and redness outside the 'circle'. I went ahead and applied/took my medicine, but by 2pm they were still getting worse. I called my doctor, but just had to leave a message. I left 2. So I went home to lay down. By the time Nik got home around 4, I still had not heard from my doctor and I was getting really uncomfortable. So we went to the Urgent Care Clinic.

The nice doctor at the Urgent Care Clinic told me my legs looked okay so far - and to give my antibiotics 48 hours to start working. She said unless my whole leg is red, or if my temp is above 100.4 then I am okay. Other than that - I need to keep my legs elevated, and keep on my meds.

So that is what I am doing. Mostly laying on the couch with my legs up. Oh by the way, since I'm contagious Nik and I are sleeping in different beds. I have the air mattress aired up, next to our bed (where Nik is sleeping). It's kinda funny to have 2 beds in one room!

Hopefully tomorrow (Friday) I will be feeling better.

I need to be feeling better...I have a party coming up! I wanted to celebrate my last couple of days of 29 in style. Not laid up in the house, infected and contagious....that is not fun. I have big plans for the weekend!

Goodbye to my 20's....in 4 more days I will be a 30 something.... It is coming - ready or not!

No comments:

Post a Comment