Sunday, June 26, 2011

Party Planning

The Party must go on....!

Since I have not been doing real well lately, I was not sure if I was going to have to cancel my Party or not. Well, I decided not to! And my cutie husband was super great on Saturday. I gave him a long list of  'Party To Do's'. He (graciously) took care of every single thing on my list (which included going to 4 different stores to get items needed). Not to mention, some last minute (late night) medication and stuff for my legs.

(By the way, I'm not talking about my legs in this post. I'm tired of them and want to focus on my Party!)

Anyways, while Nik was working and running errands for me on Saturday - I did get a few things accomplished for my Party! I made some Peanut Clusters (and then ate two of them) and finished putting some final touches on things for my Party.

The "Embracing the 30's Advice Bucket":


These will be placed on each table for people to share their words of wisdom, advice, stories...etc. to help me embrace the 30's.

I also decorated my cupcake holder and got my fork/napkin holder ready:


I finished stringing my "RIP 20's Tombstone" so we could hang it and got most things put together so I can take on Monday to decorate.

Sunday I baked! What fun! I have been looking forward to baking for many weeks and I was glad I felt up to it. I was tired by the time it was done - but I had such a great time! There is something really relaxing about baking...not sure why, but for me it is!


All the ingredients needed to make a homemade German Chocolate Cake. I have never made one before, but I just followed the recipe...we'll see how it turned out tomorrow!


Nik's brother, Ryan, got this cool 'egg-thing' (I'm sure it has a real name...just don't know what it is) for us last year. It is the greatest little gadget. It cracks open your egg and separates the yolk from the egg whites. Thanks Ryan - I think of you every time I use it!


And I baked some homemade cupcakes:



Tomorrow I will frost the top of my cake and put Cool-Whip on the cupcakes and decorate them!


There is much to be done tomorrow, but I'm really looking forward to a fun-filled day, celebrating my Birthday!

P. S. Nik preached tonight in Church and he did such a great job! I am so proud of him. His message was wonderful and was well received!

1 comment:

  1. Nice job on all the prep work. All that loks really good and I am sad I am going to miss it. We will have to get together soon to re-celebrate with us. LOL! When everyone is better of course. Have fun and enjoy!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete