Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Weekend Update

The following is a recap of what we were doing 3 weeks before Jaxen's birth!

Friday the ladies I work with hosted a Baby Shower for Jax and I. And it was wonderful and so much fun! (Post and pics coming soon).

After the shower, Nik and I had an appointment with the Financial People at the hospital. It went fine. The labor and delivery of baby is paid for. Mostly. Maybe I should say we have paid for the 'best possible scenario'. We are so glad that June 1 came and went. That was a 'milestone' date for us, because of some changes in Insurance. And all went well!

That afternoon we unloaded all the goodies from the shower and Nik got to 're-open' everything while I laid on the couch and rested. Nik has been feeling the pressure to 'finish up' getting baby stuff. So that evening, we made a list of everything that still needed to be purchased before Jax came.

And off we went Saturday morning. We had some returns / purchases to make at Wal Mart. Then we went out for a yummy breakfast of Migas at a Mexican Restaurant! Target was next - with returns / purchases. We then decided that we had to run to Austin to pick up the remaining baby items we needed. Before we went, I went home and rested (was still feeling sick) while Nik re-arranged some work stuff he had that afternoon. By lunch time, we were off to Austin. We spent the next 4 hours shopping / calling stores / picking up the rest of the baby gear. It was a long (and some what frustrating afternoon) but by the end of the day - we had everything (we think) we need before baby's arrival! It is a good feeling. Our house is mass chaos right now, because I have not felt well enough to put it all away - but it is coming along, slowly. At least we have the basics covered.

Sunday we went to church and then out to lunch with friends. That afternoon, I made it to my last class on Prepared Childbirth. This one was a Breastfeeding Class. I feel very informed. The class and teacher were great, and I recommend this class to all new moms!

After church, lunch and my class - I was exhausted. I was still not feeling well. And I have had no voice (other than a whisper) since Friday afternoon. So I went home and stayed home the rest of the evening. It is pretty hard to not have a voice. Aren't women supposed to speak many thousands of words each day.... I am so far behind on that. Watch out, for when my voice does come back - I have a lot of words to make up for! Ha!

Monday was a sick day for me. Not much better. I tried to do some things around the house - but ended up exhausted and in bed, most of the day. Nik had lots of loose ends to tie up, before departing for Teen Camp that afternoon. He got everything together and is enjoying this week as we speak!

And that was a summary of our weekend! I really need to get better at taking pictures. Every post is more exciting with pictures....

1 comment:

  1. Sounds kind of crazy and busy, but fun!

    P.S. Picked you for a few awards on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete