Friday, June 15, 2012

We Are Home!

Today (Thursday) was a pretty long day...but we are now home!

Nik and Jaxen are both sleeping soundly as I type this blog post. I hope to get a few pictures posted and some updates before Jax's next feeding time. Then, it is off to bed for me. So here we go with some updates -

Jaxen - his vitals have been great since birth. He is eating well, about every 3 hours. He is a pretty happy boy! He has had shots given and tests run and has been a champ through it all. The only concern with him right now is that he rated high on his jaundice test. Therefore, we go back to the hospital tomorrow (Friday) for a check-up. If he still rates high, then they will keep him and put him under light. If he is normal, and everything else checks out - we come back home. We are praying for normal test results.

All snuggled up, napping. 



Jaxen's Hearing Screen Certificate

Below are pictures of Jaxen receiving a bath before we left the hospital today. He did really well. It was pretty cute, seeing him squirm!





All clean and ready to go home!

Carla - I am doing really well. I am still running on little to no sleep overall, but hope to change that over the next couple of days. Since we came home this afternoon, I have had the best 2 hour sleep that I have had in many days. My recovery is coming along well. No signs of concern.

However, I am on information OVERLOAD. All the people who want to talk to you, and give you instructions, and lists and forms to sign... it was just a little much. There is so much I still want to share on the blog about Jaxen birth story and all the new things we are getting to experience... but I am having trouble getting my thoughts together. Partly due to the incredible lack of sleep, the brain overload, my recovery...etc.

All that to say - I'm trying to just give basic updates on the blog right now so everyone knows how we are doing, but know that there is more I want to share, and hope to share one day!

Right now all I can say is I LOVE THIS SWEET BABY BOY! I have loved every minute with him. Even the not-so-nice minutes. They are all precious. It still is a little unreal that he is here. But I have not stopped thanking God that he is!

I need to wrap this post up or it will not get posted...

We were finally discharged from the hospital around 3:30pm. Before we left, I snagged a couple of pics:
 
Nik, getting Jaxen all ready to go in his car seat. 

A very proud, happy new daddy! 

A very excited new mommy!

On our way home, we ordered a pizza to pick up and then stopped to have some prescriptions filled. Once we were home, we ate and then I fed Jaxen and off to bed I went! It has been a wonderful, first night at home. Pretty calm and relaxing.

Tomorrow (Friday) we have a follow-up appointment at the hospital for Jax and then we are looking forward to Nik's parents coming to stay with us a few days!


1 comment:

  1. I am glad to hear everyone is doing well. He is so adorable! I am sorry we did not get to see you guys before we left. It ended up being a crazy day after I asked and then we left to head to WI. It was a long drive and glad to be done. We loved all the pics though. I promise soon I will get my blog back up and running soon for you, lol! Take care and get some sleep and cant wait to continue to read and see more pics. Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete