Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Labor But Not Delivery

It is Tuesday morning (I think) at 3:30. I am at the hospital. Nik is trying to sleep on the couch. The TV is off and the only noise is the sound of the A/C and our sweet baby boy's heartbeat. Which I do not get tired of hearing!

It's been a long day (I will share the whole story at another point). But basically at 6:30am Monday morning, my water broke. I have been at the hospital since 8:30am. You do the math on how long I've been here. I have given up counting the hours.

I am dialated to a 6. I no longer look at the monitor to see my contractions. I'm trying to stay positive and it does not help to know how I'm not really progressing much.

The positive side: I am doing great. My body is doing great. All my stats are great. And baby is doing great. Very thankful.

Just tired. And hungry. And a little discouraged. I knew this would be a longer labor - I expected it to be. However, It's one thing to 'know' it and another thing to go through it! But I'm hanging in there...

Trying to focus on something other than my (lack of) labor. So I am blogging.

But I think I'm done. Hopefully tomorrow (Tuesday, Wednesday - whenever 'tomorrow' is) I will be announcing the arrival of Jaxen!

4 comments:

  1. I was hoping it would be by today so we can see him lol Keep us posted!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am waiting anxiously by the phone. Been thinking about you all night. Wait, the phone is ringing, is it you???????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Carla and Nik!!!!
    Heather and Jason

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh honey, I'm so sorry about this! It must be so difficult waiting and being in pain! Praying for a smooth, quick labor process from here! You can do it! You're awesome!

    ReplyDelete