Sunday, June 17, 2012

Father's Day

Before I post about Father's Day - here is a quick update on Jaxen's Jaundice issue: We went to the hospital on Saturday and they took blood to check his levels. They called us with the results within an hour, and the results were good! His levels were down just a little bit. They did not have to admit him, and even told us that we did not have to go back to the hospital until Monday, for another check up! We expect good results on Monday.

**********

Today is Father's Day. This day has always been a little tough for me, ever since my father passed away. To know that he is celebrating this special day in heaven, with our Heavenly Father brings me much joy. I usually spend this day remembering. Remembering what an awesome father I had, cherishing special memories, and thinking about all the things he taught me over the years. He was an awesome father. I will always be thankful for him.

This year, Father's Day has a new meaning. It's Nik's first Father's Day and I'm so excited that Jaxen is here to celebrate it with him! Jaxen and I are getting Nik a gift - but it has to be special ordered, so it will not be here for a few weeks. But I think Nik is excited about it. Below is a picture of what we are ordering:


The picture is not the best - but it is a leather bracelet with a charm attached on the front. The charm will have Jaxen's fingerprint engraved on it.

This morning in church Nik introduced Jaxen to our church family!

After lunch a nap was in order for the new daddy and son.

We did get a chance to finally take some pictures today as a family of 3.




HAPPY FATHERS DAY!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Great pictures! Please tell Nik I thought of him today. I love you sister! Talk to you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad to hear he is doing well. I am happy that Nik has a son to celebrate Father's Day with and just in time. That is so sweet. You guys are an amazing family. Have fun with each other and will keep checking back.

    ReplyDelete