Friday, June 15, 2012

Jaxen's Follow-up

Today we went back to the hospital for a follow-up appointment for Jaxen. They gave him a full checkup...

Weight check - 6 pounds, 10 ounces 

Taking his temp 

Getting blood work done

When they checked his Jaundice levels today, they were at a 16. They will have to admit him if he reaches 18. So tomorrow we head back to the hospital for a check up. They are keeping us well informed about Jaundice and what all we can do to help it get better. We are definitely doing everything in our power!

Jax - soaking up the rays:



After the appointment, we had to make a stop at the store. I asked Nik if he would stay in the car with Jaxen while I ran in. I actually felt 'human' today. I had the best time walking around picking up the few things we needed. It was a nice break for me.

Tonight for dinner a family from our church brought us fajitas...and they tasted so great! Nik and I sat down at the table and ate the wonderful meal (chips and salsa included!) while we spent some time visiting with each other. Our church has coordinated for someone to bring us dinner for the next few nights. We are so thankful for that!

This post would not be complete without some more pics of our little guy - We think he is pretty awesome and still cannot get over how cute he is!

Jaxen's massive-big feet!

 This pic is a little funny, but I wanted to share 
how long his legs are!

Bonding time with his daddy! 

Snuggle time after a feeding.




3 comments:

  1. Oh Carla. I picked up Brennen today. I called him the day Jaxen was born and told him. So, he got in the car today and asked when we were leaving. I asked to where. He said to go see you guys. I had to break the sad news to him that we weren't going. I have to say, his face broke my heart! I love you guys. Give the baby a kiss from me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We can't wait to meet our sweet little nephew

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there. Glad that you guys are doing okay. He is so adorable. I miss you guys and meeting him. Take care. I promise to have my blog up soon again, lol!

    ReplyDelete