Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Pregnancy - Week 37 & Doctor's Appointment

Week 37 is here and started out with me not feeling very good. These allergies are really kicking my tail. My throat is still a little swollen and kind of hurts to swallow. My nose and head are congested majorly, my head throbs and my voice is slowly coming back. So - neck up - I'm not doing too well. However, neck down, I am still doing okay. I can tell that the baby is lower, a little anyways. What used to be comfortable positions to sit in, are not so much anymore. He is still moving and kicking around like crazy, though. Which I love!



I saw the doctor today. Jaxen's heartbeat is still good and strong. My blood pressure was just a little high. Nothing to be concerned about, it's probably the allergies. I have started dialating. I'm at about a 1. Only 8 more to go! Dr. G was happy that I progressed some from last week and is expecting to see a bit more change next week.

I did get my first 'negative' today from this whole pregnancy. Last week, I was tested for Group B Strep Infection (a normal thing that they test all pregnant women for). And I was positive for it (about 30% of women are positive). This can be passed on to the baby during delivery making the baby ill, however, not every women passes it on. Because of the positive test result - they will take some extra precautions during my labor. When I first go in, they will hook me up to antibiotics through my IV during the labor process. They will also keep me and the baby in the hospital for 48 hours after delivery to make sure the baby has not been affected. This is not really a major concern - it is fairly common - but it is something to be aware of. Overall, it was a good visit and I'm getting more and more excited!

I weighed myself yesterday and have gained 18 pounds so far. I think being sick this weekend has curbed some of my appetite. Until I discovered Nutty Bars on Monday. I know what Nutty Bars are, have eaten them most of my life, but have steered clear of them these last couple of years. Nothing good or healthy comes from Nutty Bars. BUT - Nik left town and I went to the grocery store, by myself, sick, hungry and lonely. NOT A GOOD COMBINATION. I'm not exactly sure what all I bought for myself to eat this week - but I do know that I purchased Nutty Bars. (Don't tell my doctor - or Nik). Trust me, the evidence of the Nutty Bars will be long gone by the time Nik gets home! Those things are so yummy! I was pretty proud of myself for my weight gain so far in this pregnancy. I'm no longer proud. I have buckled. Nik better come home and get me back on track these last two weeks! Ha!

1 comment:

  1. I think one box of Nutty Bars can be excused. It is when 5 boxes show up that we should be concerned!

    ReplyDelete