Friday, June 29, 2012

Sleep? Yes, Please.

Thursday was a ROUGH day. Jax and I were not meshing very well. He would not eat or sleep well all day long. And that was tiring (to say the least).

However, I did discover that he likes to be outside! Around 3pm (when all other methods had failed) I strapped him in his stroller and took him outside. I had no game plan. We ended up walking up and down our driveway for almost 20 minutes. Next time, I think I might venture around the block. But this first 'outing' outside - we stayed close to home. Jaxen loved it. He never fell asleep, but he also was not screaming his little head off anymore!

After our walk outside, I plopped him in the car - and off we went. We went to see Nik at work and then ran a few errands that were probably not even important - but I just needed out of the house and needed to have a non-screaming baby for an hour.

By the time we returned home, Jaxen was content!

That evening, Nik had to be out of the house and the minute Jaxen started to get fussy we hopped in the car and headed to Target. I had a few things I needed to return. That trip is another story for another day. Let's just say that I need to 'practice' being out with Jaxen by myself. Car seat, stroller, diaper bag (which was left at home), purse, items to return, items to purchase,... it was all a little much. For me. Jaxen loved every second of it and did so well. But if there had been 'Newborn Police' around, I'm pretty sure I did everything in the book wrong. But my baby was happy and I have no pride when it comes to this newborn stuff, and could care less if others think 'what in the world is this mom doing?' Ha!

An hour later and with a Butterfinger  in hand (a treat for me - for accomplishing the adventure of Target with a newborn) we were home. Safe and Sound. And then enters our hero (Nik)... who spoke his greatest words ever "I'm off tomorrow and you need some sleep. So, I will take care of Jaxen and only wake you when he needs to eat. Other than that, he is mine." And the heavens parted and angels sang out "Hallelujah!" (I might be a bit dramatic - but if you have been in these shoes before, you know where I'm coming from!)

And that night - Nik and Jax slept in the living room and I had the best sleep ever. So did Jax. He must have been exhausted from his rough day, because after we put him down for the night he slept 6 hours! Which meant, I slept 6 hours! And after his next feeding, Nik took him again and we both slept 2 more hours!

Thank you to my cutie husband for being so kind and sensitive to your sleep-deprived wifey.

Looking forward to a very fun weekend with friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment