Thursday, June 7, 2012

Baby Shower # 2

Friday, the ladies I work with threw me a baby shower. It was so much fun! They are really sweet and we had a great time. The following are some pics (some taken by myself, at home, and some taken from someone else at the shower). This post could be a hodge-podge...but that's okay. Here we go:

This is the 'crown' they made me wear during the shower!
I loved it.... They remembered the crown I wore for my 30th
birthday and thought this would be fun - it was!

One of the ladies who sings in the choir makes cupcakes,
and made some for my shower. They were so delicious!
I'm glad I got to bring the extras home with me to eat! 

And this next (bad) picture is of the cups they used.
They ordered them to say "Baby Davis". I thought that
was a special touch! And I have the extras!

The next few pics are of me, opening gifts. One comment before we continue. Yes, for those of you who pay close attention to my clothes - I am wearing the same top as I did for my other Baby Shower. I know... I should have been a bit more careful when planning. Oh wait - there was no planning. I was not feeling well that morning and just wanted to wear something that still fit. And that was blue. That left me with one option. So there you go!

Moving on to pictures....

(Sports) Receiving Blankets

A cloth diaper (burp cloth) with Jaxen's name embroidered on it:

Here's a better pic of it:

Opening up one of my favorite gifts of the day:
A crochet dinosaur, named 'Checkers'
made by my boss' daughter, who is super creative!

She has been making these animals for awhile now, and
every time I saw one, I secretly hoped Jax would get one!

Everyone laughed at me when I opened this gift.
It is a diaper caddy. Basically, a place to organize your
diaper stuff - which apparently at work they think I'm the most
organized person ever! I was excited to get this gift, though!

This is a gift I received that I could not wait for Nik to open.
It is a 'man' diaper bag - basically a back pack.
He was pretty excited about it!

A bunch of people went in together to make the next gift.
And it is pretty cool - one of my favorites!
They are block letters with Jaxen's name on them.
Each block was hand cut, stained and put together, with
different styles of each letter on every side.
We love it!

I received many cool gifts. The above pics are just a few. Some things that I did not get pictures of that I received were some home made blankets; a baby sling; some books to add to Jaxen's library; a cd of piano lullabies; crib sheets, a baby book; bath towels and toys; bottles; gift cards... once again, I was overwhelmed with the generosity and love of the people I work with.

And that is basically a recap of my shower. I am bummed I did not get a picture with my work ladies. They were so sweet to put this shower together and invite other women in the church that I have worked with and gotten to know and love. I will miss them this summer when I'm not at work!

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad that you all have found a "family" to care for you and love you when we are not so close!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the burp cloth and blocks. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete