Friday, May 25, 2012

Pregnancy - Week 35 & Doctor's Apt.

I had a doctor's appointment on Wednesday. It was pretty routine. At the end of my visit I realized that I had no clue how any of my tests/stats were, so I asked Dr. G. She looked at me and said "You are still my perfect patient!" All I could say is "Let's hope I stay that way!"

I seriously am still so thankful for how wonderful this pregnancy has been. This week I have felt really well. My energy level is up, I'm not too uncomfortable, and things seem to be progressing smoothly! Currently, I have gained 17 pounds.

Back to my doctor visit - we did discuss some important things. We talked about getting some shots that are needed (Nik and I) after the baby is born. We talked about getting a pediatrician. And she informed me that next week (week 36) I will begin to see her each week. At those weekly appointments, she will do a 'physical exam' to check and see if I have started dilating (the first steps to birthing a baby).

Wow. Stop right there. I know I'm having a baby. I know it is only in a few short weeks. However.... it's happening. And quickly! In that one statement - reality hit me. I'll explain if I can. Since October, I have been pregnant and the thought of the actual baby was always 'in the future'. I have thought about this baby alot, but it was always future-tense. THE FUTURE IS HERE PEOPLE. Or will be - any day in the next 5 weeks. When she said the word "dilate" something in me started freaking out. Don't worry, I stayed calm. BUT SERIOUSLY - I AM GOING TO HAVE A BABY SOON!

Is anyone else freaking out about this?! I'm sure I'm being a little over-dramatic. I got used to pregnant-me. I have accepted this change and am great with it. But now I have to get used to mommy-me. It's a new change. A new world. I've started the process of thinking about, thinking about it. This process has steps, you know. Did you think I had already worked through this when I realized the test was positive?!  Well, I obviously did not. I'm currently working through it.

Thank you, Blog Space, for helping me get this all out.
Moving on. For now.

Here are some pics from the past week. In my bathroom. It is what it is, folks!



And this next shirt is worn in support of where my husband, youth group and sponsors are this weekend. This is where I would be, if I could be.


Looking forward to Week 36 - Nik being at home and a Baby Shower from my work!

1 comment:

  1. you are still looking great. Hang in there, hopefully he comes soon lol! Just take a deep breath, it will be okay.

    ReplyDelete