Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day

Today is Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to our mom's and all the mom's out there. I know that Nik and I both feel so blessed to have the mothers that we have. We love you so much and thank you both for being the great moms that you were / are still to us!

I guess it is technically my first Mother's Day. However, it does not really feel like Mother's Day. I think it will feel more like it when I have a little one to hug and kiss on. But this morning, I woke up really early and laid in bed, 'playing' with Jaxen. He was moving around so much. So I laid there rubbing my belly and taking in every wonderful moment of his movement. I do love this part of being pregnant. It is pretty special.

Nik gave me a sweet card and had purchased a new bag/tote and necklace for me last week (as an early Mother's Day gift). For lunch we went through the drive-thru of our favorite chicken place in town - they were giving a free meal to all mothers (including those that are pregnant). So we took our cheap yummy fried chicken lunch to a friends house and had a wonderful lunch hanging out with them!

It was a good day and I look forward to celebrating being a mom for many more years!

1 comment: