Sunday, May 27, 2012

Sunday Night Ramblings

Sunday night at the park delivered!

This afternoon some texts were sent out and all it said was "Park 6:00 PM". People came. And we stayed well past sundown. There was fried chicken, watermelon, water, lawn chairs, football, bikes...etc. What fun it was. We did not do anything grand. Just talked and laughed and made memories as the sun set and the kids went 'Skipe Hunting'.

I love nights like this. Nights where the grocery store and laundry can wait. Because you know that some of the best-of-life can happen in the spontaneous moments.

**********

Nik is having a great time this weekend with our youth group. I have heard great reports from him and some of the parents. Only one broken (finger) bone. And the boy who broke it could not stand to not be playing football...so he got back out there and even made a couple of touchdowns! (I almost typed home runs - Ha!). There will be many stories when Nik gets back and I can't wait to hear them all. I think I'll even make him some dark chocolate, chocolate chip cookies. He deserves them.

**********

I am looking forward to my day off tomorrow. I always have great big plans for myself when I have free time. I actually have a long list of stuff I want to accomplish. But my goal is to not look at that list! I have realized this weekend, that my mind is willing - but my body is not! I want to do so much, but my body is holding me back. Making me rest, putting my feet up and cooling off. I guess because I'm about to birth a baby....!

So my plans include sleeping until I wake up (to no alarm); getting me donuts for breakfast (which is Nik's fault, by the way. He has told me that for the past 2 nights, they have gone out for a late night donut snack. Which to me, is one of the highlights of this particular trip each year! So now, all I can think about is donuts!); and going to the grocery store. After that, we will see. As I said, there is lots to do - but I am trying to take it easy.

**********

I have more rambling thoughts, but it is late (for me) and I'm ready lay down - so Good night!



No comments:

Post a Comment