Sunday, May 20, 2012

Pregnancy - Week 34

This past Sunday began week 34. And Sunday I was uncomfortable ALL DAY. It was like my body was stretching and stretching and it could care less how it was making me feel. (Which is true). And then Monday came, and it got worse. I had a pretty hard day at work, sitting at a desk. I ended up standing at the front counter most of the day helping someone else on a project - just so my body could be stretched out, instead of sitting. It helped some... and that's just how it goes (so I hear)!

Then you know how the rest of my week was - stomach bug. So glad I'm over that.

Here is a week 34 picture (and not in my bathroom)!



I know that many of you have been praying for me and baby during this pregnancy and I cannot thank you enough! Your prayers were/are never wasted when it comes to this little life growing inside of me. And that is why I want to share a few other prayer needs with you:
  • The timing of Jaxens arrival. There are actually many factors that play into his due date (which is June 23). First (and most important), we want Jaxen to grow strong and healthy before he makes his debut. Second, we have some insurance changes that happen June 1 that will make a difference of a couple thousand dollars out of our pocket (if he comes before June 1). Third, Nik is traveling some off and on until right at 2 weeks before the due date. However, if Jaxen comes early - nothing else matters except the health of this baby. Nik can cancel all travel plans (and is currently working out a Plan B for all travel dates, just in case). And we will adjust financially if all the insurance changes don't happen just in time. But all that said - God's timing is PERFECT. I have seen His hand at work through this entire pregnancy and I know that He will make a way!
  • Childcare. We are looking for childcare when I go back to work part-time, in August. And it needs to be affordable!
  • Nik. He is still adjusting to working with a new Senior Pastor; has had other responsibilities put on him at the Church; has an exciting summer planned for our teens; is traveling through May, June and July; basically what the prayer need boils down to is for him to balance his job responsibilities while being a new daddy. Such an exciting time - but there is some pressure (stress) that is involved in not letting things (at work or home) slip through the cracks. He does not do things mediocre. He does everything to the best of his ability. And I know he will need the strength that can only come from God as he goes through this summer!
Thank you for lifting us up in prayer!

Week 35 here I come...! I cannot believe I'm this far along. It's a little surreal.

1 comment: