Thursday, May 10, 2012

Ordination Week

I mentioned earlier that this past week was a little crazy. It was. And it was awesome and special and full of memories that we will cherish forever. This was Nik's Ordination Week. We left Temple on Wednesday and traveled to Houston to attend the South Texas District Assembly. We attend every year, but this year would be a bit different because Nik would be ordained during the Assembly.

Basically, Wednesday evening through Thursday afternoon we sat through the 'conference' part of Assembly. Thursday afternoon our family started coming in! By Thursday night at the Ordination Service we had my mom, my grandma, my aunt, uncle and cousin, Nik's parents, and different families from our church at the service (not that you care to know what families were there - but I'm going to list them for my memories: James, Boesels, Moore, Montalbo, Flacks, Palmers, Johnsons, Lentz).

It was a very special service. Dr. Stan Toler (one of our General Superintendents) gave the message to the Ordinands. After the message, all those being ordained (plus spouses) had to go on the stage and kneel at the altar.

The pic above is of Nik & I and Joe & Ashley.
Behind us is a legacy of pastors from our current church:
James, Boesel, Williams

This is the moment when hands were laid on Nik and he was
ordained. His pastor growing up, Harlie Patterson, said a
prayer over Nik and I after he was ordained.

We stayed kneeling at the altar while all the others became ordained.

After the ordination we were able to take some pictures. We did not get pictures with everyone that we wanted to... but we did our best. Here are a few:

Nik and Joe Bob - a very special mentor to Nik.

Dear friends of ours (who also were ordained)
Joe & Ashley; Nik & I.

Pastor Don and us.

Nik's parents and us.

My mom and us.

Mamaw and us.

After the service we went out to dinner and then called it a night. It has been a very long day by then. Nik and I had to be at the Assembly at 7 that morning. I was definitely tired - but Jax and I held up well through the day! Jax is a trooper!

Friday we had more business stuff to attend to so we did not spend time with our family until that evening. We had dinner at Steak and Shake (yum) and then went to the hotel where we gathered together and celebrated my cousin, Savannah's birthday and Nik's ordination. We had such a great time hanging out with our families that night.

Side Note: I love, love, love that our families get along. It meant so much to us to have everyone a part of this day. And it went so well. To our families: we love you and are so glad we can all come together and celebrate special occasions!

Saturday we gathered for lunch and a little last minute shopping/looking before everyone had to leave town. It was sad to say good-bye but we will see them all again real soon.

Nik and I made a stop at Ikea before heading home to pick up a piece of furniture (plus other things - because it's Ikea and we can't help ourselves!) for the nursery.

Soon (I know I've been a little behind on blogging) I will show you some nursery updates. 

2 comments:

  1. Wow!!! I am so very proud of Nik. I remember when he first told me he was going to seminary and wanted to be ordained. I didn't ever think this day would come. Please tell him how very proud I am of him. You guys are such a special couple. I look up to you both in more ways than you know. I love you guys.....CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing. Congrats to Nik

    ReplyDelete