Thursday, May 17, 2012

My Week Nights


Monday evening we had dinner at Chick-Fil-A with our small group. Or that is what it was supposed to be... we ended up spending about 3 1/2 hours there! Can you believe it? It was pretty funny. The plan was for everyone to meet for dinner at 6 PM (or when they could make it). So people showed up at all different times. But it worked out great, actually.

Side story: Awhile back our church decided to start small groups (yes, I know that every other church in the world does small groups - but ours did not). This was new for our church. So we went with a 4-week Pilot Session to see how it would go. Then they would be evaluated and see how it could be better and then do a big kick-off for small groups in the fall. So, we had our little group. I was the 'Host' and Nik was the 'Leader'.  We have had such a great 4 weeks with them. We decided to end it on the 5th week, with dinner out.

Back to Chick-Fil-A. It turned out really well that everyone did not show up at the same time because then we got the chance to talk one-on-one with each person/couple! There was overlapping of people (which was good), but by the end of the night Nik and I were able to really spend quality time with everyone. I was tired by the time we actually got home and I made it to bed... but it was worth it. It is so fun to make new friends. We are excited about our small group and hope the fall session goes even better!

********

Tuesday evening I really enjoyed and took advantage of my Pregnancy Leave (see Pregnancy Week 33 Post for explanation)!

For dinner that night I had put a beef roast in the crock pot to cook all day. By the time I got home it smelled so yummy! We shredded it and ate French Dip Sandwiches that were amazing! Nik loves French Dip Sandwiches, but I have never made them before. EASY PEASY. And so good... especially since we made our sandwiches and put them in the broiler to melt the cheese and crisp the bread! Even the au ju dipping sauce was great! Can you tell I really enjoyed dinner?!

After dinner my ankles looked like the size of softballs so I laid down for awhile and started reading a book. It was so nice. I read for about an hour and then started laundry and ended up sitting outside on my porch reading until dark.

I finally talked Nik into hanging the curtains in our nursery. By the way - I know I said there would be nursery updates soon, but we have had a delay. Actually, our dresser has had the delay. It was supposed to be here last week and now it is supposed to be here at the end of this week. We'll see when it actually shows up. The dresser is the last piece of furniture we need in the room. So that is the hold up.

But back to Tuesday Night. It was just a great night. Nik nor I had any obligations so we just hung out and relaxed. And it was wonderful! That is how I want to spend these last few weeks of pregnancy - just taking it easy!

********


Then Wednesday night came. Not a fun night. I skipped out on church because I was feeling sick - so I laid down. I kept feeling more and more sick. By 9pm I was in and out of the bathroom, trying to throw up. Nothing happened. I went into the most restless, uncomfortable sleep ever - waking to put a trash can to my mouth (while in bed) to throw up. Still nothing. By 4:30am I had the biggest burning sensation in my throat and finally figured out that this might be acid reflux. I found some tums and was finally able to sleep for a few hours. When I woke (late) morning I was feeling a bit better so I got ready for work. I went into work, but by 12pm was feeling incredibly sick again. I ended my time there quickly when I started actually throwing up. Back home I came. I took my temp and called the doctor. We think I have been hit with a stomach bug. No fun. So now I am eating crackers and trying to keep liquids down. I have been doing okay for the last couple of hours. I actually slept well and the cramping, sick feeling is gone (for the moment - hopefully for good).


Sorry if this post was too much information or grossed out you. If you are still reading, then good job sticking to it.


I'm off now to go back to sleep, maybe watch some TV or finish reading my book. Having all this relax time is only fun when you feel good. This is not what I had planned!

3 comments:

  1. Well, hopefully you will be on the road to recovery now. I love you and have fun relaxing and "nesting".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, sad ending. I hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete