Sunday, May 13, 2012

Pregnancy - Week 33 & Doctor's Appointment

Everything checked out well for baby and me at our doctors appointment! Jax is currently head down, bum up - which is good. I am measuring well and blood pressure is good. I have gained 14 pounds so far.

Dr. G and I talked about contractions and if I was having any yet. I am. They are mild and not often. Everything seems to be fine with them.

We also talked about the possibility of being induced. Dr. G's stance on inducing a patient is not to do it unless medically necessary and only if/when it is the best case scenario for baby and/or I. I appreciate her stance. So - unless things take a turn for the worse, or I am a week overdue - baby will come when baby is ready!

She checked over my swollen feet and everything is fine there. I have blood work scheduled for my next visit. And the only other thing she told me was to get plenty of rest and relax. That is what I plan on doing. Rest, relax and get ready for baby!

Starting Saturday, I am officially on (what I call) Pregnancy Leave. Meaning - I have no big obligations from now until baby is born. I am still working through June 15 but even at work, I have begun training people to take over while I am out. I am slowly transitioning myself out of a job (summer only). But other than that - I am not commited to any major events of Nik's or at the Church; and I have stopped (for the summer) cleaning other people's homes. So my time is more free! I plan to possibly read a book, finish getting the nursery ready, finish some house projects and get ready for the birth of our baby!

Nik, however, is pretty busy beginning next week...summer starts and we know it is such a busy time for a Youth Pastor. He will take some time off after baby is born - but other than that, he is in full swing summer mode. I will do my best to help him on the home-front.

And that's my week 33 update. No pic of me in the bathroom. Instead, I have a treat for you. Nik and I took some maternity pics this week - look for the post coming soon!



1 comment: