Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Random Thoughts

My random thoughts - in no particular order:

Random #1 - While Nik was out of town this past weekend and I was recovering - I cleaned house. I know that probably sounds funny, but I have a hard time just sitting. I would slowly clean. Like, literally one task at a time. Then take a long break: lay down, read my book, listen to music, watch TV, blog. Then do something else. By the time Nik came home, laundry was done and house was clean and I was back to normal!

Random #2 - I also folded tissue paper this weekend. I had 5 plastic bags full of crumpled up tissue paper from my last baby shower. It was a project I was dreading - I mean folding tissue paper is not the most exciting past time. But when I felt like doing nothing else... it was time to break out the tissue paper. I sorted by color and then started folding. I got through all colors and started on the white stuff. After 6 sheets, I decided that was enough. I crumpled all the white stuff up and threw it in the trash. I almost regretted it - thinking of all that tissue paper gone to waste. Then I remembered how many colored sheets I had and how I get tissue paper on clearance every year after Christmas. I have plenty. That is that. Tissue paper is folded. Check that off my master to-do-list.

Random #3 - Saturday morning I started writing in Jaxen's Baby Book. I knew I blogged about the pregnancy so I pulled up my blog and started reading from November (the first pregnancy posts) to get some needed information/dates for the baby book. An hour and a half later - I was still reading! It was really fun to 're-live' all the pregnancy moments (and others) since November. I laughed a lot about things I wrote about. And I cried at some of the memories I shared through this pregnancy. But overall it was really fun to go back and read. I did not do much work in the baby book, and actually ended up almost being late to an event I was supposed to attend because I couldn't stop reading about everything. (But I made it). Now, I still have to go back and write in the baby book!

Random #4 - I wanted to update you on the use of my homemade laundry soap. Still using it! I have not ruined a single piece of clothing, and my clothes smell and look clean. What more can I ask for? I'm sold on this homemade laundry soap and think I will continue using it.

Random #5 - Is your grocery bill increasing? Ours is. No, not because I'm pregnant and eating more. And yes, I know...having a 3rd member of the family will make our grocery bill increase. I'm not talking about that stuff. Here lately we seem to really struggle staying within our 'Food Budget'. I'm not sure why. I keep thinking I need to figure this out - use more coupons, shop around with what's on sale, make less expensive meals....etc. But really, I think food costs have gone up. Anyone else in the same boat? I really am going to try to make some changes to decrease the amount we are spending on food instead of raising our budget!

Random #6 - This weekend I have signed myself up for the job of 'Motivator' for one of my friends. She is moving soon and has to get her house packed and ready. This weekend. Nik will be out of town and she has shipped her kids off (with Nik) so she can get things accomplished. I will not be crawling up in her attic bringing boxes down to pack, or carrying heavy loads around the house, or doing heavy cleaning...but I will be motivating her to do it! Ha! I also assigned myself the the job of 'Mt.Dew/Chocolate-Getter'. I mean, really... what is better motivation than Mt. Dew and Chocolate?! It all starts with lunch at one of our favorite burger joints on Friday and then off to work we go!

That's all for now.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for letting me stay in your life through this blog. I miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww fun! And cleaning while sick? Not weird. I do that do. In the same exact way- haha!

    ReplyDelete