Thursday, August 11, 2016

Zane - 4 months

Zane’s 4 month checkup with his doctor isn’t for another week or so - 
but here are some 4 month updates on our little cutie!


CLOTHING / DIAPERS
Zane is still in size 2 diapers and is in 6 month clothes (mostly - brands are all so different).
I pulled out some 6 month pajamas and they are a bit big - 
but his toes and legs are squished in his 3 month sizes!

Most of his 3 month onesies are too small, but almost all his 6 month clothes
are a little to warm for our 90 degree days we have been having!
(Jaxen was in 6 month clothes around December)
I’m trying to make due with the same few outfits as we finish out this hot summer.
Before too much longer, I’m sure we will need the warmer clothes.



SLEEPING
Let’s talk about naps first.
Zane does nap. Barely!
Here lately, he has been taking ‘cat naps’ everyday.
Which means he will fall asleep for about 20 minutes at a time.
Every now and then, he will get an hour or more in at a time.
But right now - that is rare.
Although, yesterday, he took a 2 hour nap in the afternoon!

Nighttime.
We have been working on nighttime for a long time and I feel we are getting there!
But first, this little guy is a mover while he sleeps.
Here is a picture (from nap time) of how I lay him down in his crib. 
I lay him this way every time.


And her are just two pictures of how I have found him in the morning...


I think it is so funny, how much he moves in his sleep!
Only during his 20 minute naps do I find him still in the position I laid him down in.

Ok. Back to nighttime.
He was starting the habit of not going to bed until 11pm or later.
No thank you.
So the last week I have been working on an earlier bedtime.
In order to do that, somewhere around 9pm, him and I head into his quiet, dark room.
I nurse him and rock him until he falls asleep.
However, he normally wakes up about 30 minutes later 
for one more feeding before he is down for the night.
I don’t mind doing his night routine this way - but it really cuts into the time I have with Nik.
But if he stays downstairs while Nik and I hang out…he is super engaged and won’t go to sleep!

The nice thing is that once he is finally down for the night - he sleeps all night. 
He doesn’t normally wake up until around 8am.
So he is sleeping between 7 and 10 hours each night.
Although, this morning he was up at 6:30 - ha!


EATING
Zane likes to eat, and eats often.
He has been nursing between 8 and 10 times a day!
Once he nurses, he can usually go at least 1 hour without eating.
After that hour is up - who knows!
Typically, I nurse him every 1 1/2 - 2 hours.
Every now and then it will be 3 hours.

In between feedings - you can find him like this:

With anything and everything in his mouth!
No teeth yet…but I wouldn’t be surprised if they pop up any day.


PLAYING / DEVELOPMENT
Zane loves to laugh!
He smiles a lot and loves to kick his legs.
He has found his toes and it is so cute to watch him play with them.

No matter what I give him - it goes straight to his mouth!
Jaxen often tells Zane “No Zane. Out of your mouth!” Haha!


He loves people and loves to watch them.
When we were at Jaxen’s last swim lesson, he sat in his car seat and watched the whole time.
Not one peep - but as happy as could be!

Now, if no one is in the room - forget it!
This boy does not want to be alone!

Because he is so active, and engaged, he has a hard time napping (for long) unless it is quiet.
Which having quiet time in my house (with Jaxen) is sometimes hard to do! 

I think Zane is a pretty low key and happy baby.
Until the evening, that is.
He likes to be moving or entertained!
Jaxen can fill that role…sometimes…if he doesn’t get out of hand!


OTHER STUFF
Zane drools all.the.time.

And the last few weeks he had so many ‘blowout’ diapers.
It is better this week, but man - it was rough for awhile!

He has had some super dry skin lately, but thanks to Eucerin lotion - it is getting better.

Happy 4 months Zane!
Life is a little bit crazy with a 4 month old and 4 year old.
But I wouldn’t trade this boy for anything.
I love you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment