Wednesday, July 9, 2014

These Days

Here lately Jaxen has been sleeping so long each night! He will sleep anywhere from 12-14 hours. Growth spurt? His naps have not been quite as long though. I'm trying to just go with it and enjoy the fact that I can actually shower, blow dry my hair, eat breakfast, have some quiet time and do some chores before he wakes up....but on the other hand, there are places we need to be! So I either wake him up or be late. Decisions

I guess I will take all that over a tired kid who wakes up at 6:30am!

This kid did not want to get out of bed this morning! 

Pretty much what we are doing with our days right now, is helping Becky pack her home up or helping get ready for VBS. I would love to take Jaxen back to the beach, but it has either been raining or too cold. I guess the "heat wave" has passed because the temps are in the 60s and 70s this week. 

We did go to a friends house and swim on Sunday. But we all got pretty cold quickly! 

I love this picture of Jaxen: in a girl-floaty, too big googles and a water gun!

After the swim, he was hungry!

Playing in the sand table. A messy, but very happy kid!

Ever since we returned from our trip to Palcon (the one where we left Jaxen behind), he has been a bit attached to this blanket. 

After nap time this afternoon.

Not so much that we take it with us or anything. But he has to have it when he goes to bed, naps, sits with us, watches TV...that kind of thing! He has never been attached to anything before. I'm pretty sure he has abandonment issues and will be in therapy for that later in life. Ha ha! For now, we let him have his blanket. It's not a big deal. Yet. 

Tonight for youth service, Nik did a “Destination Message” (he has a few of these planned through out the summer) at Thompson Park. We were at an area that looks out onto the city. It was a perfect night for this! We played football, frisbee, ladder ball and boccee ball. Then he gave the message. It was a fun night and I think our teens really enjoyed it.


One last picture... The flowers in my planters on my porch are blooming nicely!


No comments:

Post a Comment