Monday, July 31, 2017

Summer Faves

We have had the best couple of days this weekend…weather-wise, that is. It reached 80 degrees and the sun is shining! Woo-hoo! But…we have been stuck at home, indoors the last two days. Jaxen came down with some kind of cold on Saturday. He is super stuffy, low fever, no appetite, throat hurting….and he has been laying low. Seriously low. This kid has watched so much tv and has been horizontal a good majority of the last few days. I’m hoping he perks up a bit so I can take the boys to the pool this afternoon - I guess we will see.

So I thought I would share a few of my summer favorites with you…

1. Sunscreen. I love the smell of sunscreen and I love the smell of my kids when they have sunscreen on. Sunscreen just smells of summer for me. And freshly mowed grass. That too.

Sunscreened baby, hanging out at the pool

2. Pool. Now…I don’t like swimming or getting wet really. However, I love for my kids to swim, and play in water and be wet all summer long. To me, that is just what summer is about. I do go in sometimes and I try to be a good sport about it…but really, I just want to put my legs in and sit on the sidelines watching them.




3. Campfires. I love campfires. I love friends and good conversations around campfires. I love the smell and I love the food that is normally consumed around a campfire.



4. Outside in the shade. I really like being outside (in the shade) during summer. I love to eat outside, watch my kids play, and I even like taking work outside to do.

Hanging with this guy in the shade, last year (left) and this year (right)

5. Ice Cream and Hot Dog Stands. Ice Cream is not necessarily a favorite…but I love stopping at Ice Cream stands and Hot Dog stands in the summer. I just think that is what you should consume. Last year, we were a bit better about doing this - searching them out and driving out to them and eating. This year has been a bust so far. But…there is still time!

Last year, at a hot dog stand

6. Fun Activities. Vacation Bible School, crafts, going to the parks…any kind of activity that you can do on a whim (because it’s summer) I love to do. One day last week, we had “Activity Day”. And today, we made slime. Fun.

Superhero VBS


Building a tower

Painting

7. The Beach. Again…I don’t really care to ever go in the water…but I love the beach. The sights (always an awesome view), the sounds (waves, kids playing), the smells (again, sunscreen), even the food. Snack food always tastes better at the beach, right?! It is my goal to go to the beach more this last half of summer.

This is a happy place for my boys

8. Blueberries. I love to go pick blueberries. I love to eat blueberries. I love to bake with blueberries.

5 pounds I picked this weekend, plus 2 huge zucchini’s from a friends garden.


Those are just a few things I love about summer!!! 
What about you??

No comments:

Post a Comment