Monday, July 17, 2017

Bits of Life

This is a super long post with pictures from our life the last few weeks!

Jaxen is so funny.
The other night I was giving him a bath and he put two washcloths together,
draped it over him and was a “flying superhero”!


He loves making and wearing masks.

Reading books before bed.


Zane has a new love for dump trucks. 
And he loves playing with them in the sand…on our porch….really anywhere.

Nik sent me this pic when him and Zane ran a few errands around town.
Cool kid.

And if you are noticing a different vehicle these days in my pics,
it’s because we traded our black SUV for a black Nissan Altima.
And we love it so far!
I thought we might miss our SUV…but not yet we haven’t. 
The day may come.

Me and Zane reading eating a book.

It’s the funniest thing…
for awhile, every time Zane would throw a ball at us
he had to be standing in this one spot (over the heater vent - which is not even on).

Silly time after bath time!

Zane loves cuddling up with his daddy!

I finally got my hammock out last week!

I’m not sure who enjoys it more…Jaxen or me!


So I was laying on my hammock while the boys were playing outside.
Jaxen decided he wanted to build a hammock 
(using the swimming pool, fire pit and other odd things)

While he was working away at it…

Zane snuck over to the table and was scarfing down Jaxen’s food and drink :)


Jaxen would see Zane (eventually), tell him “no no zaney boo”,
pick him up, bring him down and continue to work.
Zane found his way back to the food and drink again and again.
It was the funniest thing to watch!

The final touches to his hammock….


And the finished product.
He was so proud!

That’s a sand box (turtle) lid in between the water table and fire pit,
loaded down with a ton of toys.
And it actually stayed for awhile!

Awhile back we ventured out to Family Camp with Kay and Russell.
We ate a Burger King one meal and Jaxen really wanted Zane to wear a crown.


Jaxen got to participate in some big group kid games and had so much fun!





They both love the playground…but Zane’s favorite was this merry-go-round.

If you look closely at Zane’s right hand - he is waving at Nik who is walking up.

Just hanging out!


That night Zane fell asleep during service and I kept having flashbacks to Jaxen.
I had to go hunt down this pic and do a side by side comparison.
Jaxen is on the left, Zane on the right.
There are definitely differences…but you sure can tell they are brothers!

Fun in the sand box!

Jaxen playing at his friend, Lily’s.

He refused to take a picture with her…so I did.
It was a bit windy.

Popsicles (and Mt. Dew) for the win :)


A Sunday Selfie…we were all dressed in black and white.
Jaxen’s shirt says “cool like dad”, Zane’s says “i do what i want”.

Russell and Kay were kind enough to watch Zane every night last week
while we were at Soccer Camp (more about that in another post).
I loved coming home and seeing Zane cuddled up with them!


Lastly, I took Jaxen for his well-check visit last week.
He weighs 41.4 pounds and is 43 1/2 inches tall (he is sticking in the 50-60 percentile)
Oh, and he had strep throat!
He is on medicine and you really wouldn’t know he was sick (I didn’t anyway)!

I asked him to show me his muscles and this is what I got. 


And that’s a little bit of our life lately!

No comments:

Post a Comment