Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Indie Recap - Part 1

Finally -  a recap of our time away!

Tuesday, June 20, Nik and I left the house around 6:30am and drove straight through to Indianapolis (with a Chick-fil-a stop for lunch, of course).

I cannot even tell you how much I enjoyed this 10+ hour car ride…
I mean…no kids!!!!
I took a few naps even - and got to talk to Nik, uninterrupted!


Because Nik is the Upstate District NYI President, he was automatically a delegate to the Global NYI Convention. This convention happens every 4 years.

After we arrived we met up with the 3 other delegates from our area and spent way too long searching for someone else’s car in the parking garage (I’m talking over an hour!) and then finally got everyone settled, got dinner and went to bed.

I have to say…the view from our Hotel was sweet!

Wednesday, Thursday and Friday were pretty much the same - wake up, eat breakfast, attend meetings, worship sessions and more meetings (with lunch and dinner thrown in there somewhere) until about 9pm each night. Because Nik was a delegate, he had a pretty strict schedule. I was just along for fun - so my schedule was pretty open! I did attend most worship sessions and just a few meetings. I spent a good amount of time in the Exhibit Hall meeting up with friends; getting our delegates and friends coffee; and then planning out lunch and dinner and saving seats for everyone. It’s an important job - haha!

I really had a great time. It was fun to be with Nik for some of this stuff that I’m not usually a part of and the time together was super great and needed. It was also so good to see friends from my past and catch up!

During, and after the NYI Global Convention was our denomination’s General Assembly. Again, this happens every 4 years and it is where the church comes together as one (from all nations) and worships together, hears the vision of the church, sees what is happening in the church across the world and lastly, to vote on new General Superintendents and other recommendations concerning the Church of the Nazarene, and what guides and directs us as a denomination.

It’s hard to explain - but I tried... (that way if you are not Nazarene, you have an understanding).

The best part about all of this is really, the global aspect. We get to hear what is happening around the world...people being saved, churches starting up... and we get to worship together, as one body, worshiping the one true God (no matter your ethnicity, location or language). Just a little taste of what Heaven might be like!

I do have some pictures to share…

NYI Worship Session

Worship led by the Johannesburg, South Africa church, through satellite

Showing everyone involved around the world, through satellite


Out to dinner at Steak and Shake with people from our district

Nik and I, ready for the day

Another NYI Worship Service

Pretty Downtown



The opening session of General Assembly (with the presentation of the flags)




So many people

Nik and I with our DS, Kevin and his wife Jan
This made me laugh so hard!

Another General Assembly Worship Session

With friends, Misty & Terri

Nik, Mark, Alex and me getting ice cream one night

Misty and I

Chad, Misty and I

A picture by the Bonita Park (our old camp) sign and Brooktondale (our current camp) sign 


Diane and I 

No comments:

Post a Comment