Thursday, October 15, 2015

Our Fall Getaway - Part 1

Let me start out by saying…yes, the Northeast is beautiful this time of year…but so is the North Country (where I live). It is not disappointing in the area of fall colors. It is so beautiful here - right out of my front door, even! That being said - we had a great time…

**********

I’m finally getting around to recapping our Fall Getaway! Stop now and do not continue reading if hearing about and seeing gorgeous scenery and beautiful fall colors (and selfies of Nik and I) are not your thing. Because I’m about to gush. Fair warning!

Monday - We hit the road and drove from Watertown, NY to Lincoln, NH. It took us awhile, but I’m so glad we took the “scenic” route.


Our first stop was a bakery in a gas station for yummy goodies, hot tea and coffee.

The minute we headed east, the scenery started unfolding before our eyes.

We drove through the middle of the Adirondack mountains and stopped for a
wonderful view of White Face Mountain. 
My iPhone pictures do not do this justice - but it was a gorgeous sight!

And we even chose to take a ferry across to VT!
We were one of the front cars - so we decided to enjoy the view from inside.

Inside or outside the car - the view was great!

Once we arrived in Burlington, we found their downtown-market-area, 
walked around and stopped for lunch.

See the wooden street vendor in the right of the picture below?
That is where I had the best taco I have had since living in the northeast. Delicious!

And then… we stopped for Pizza and ate outside while people-watching.

After lunch we hit the road again - arrived in Lincoln NH - 
ate at a great burger place and called it a night!


Tuesday - We wanted to sleep in that day (no child, and all) but we were awake at 6:30. Can you believe it!? We had a presentation to sit through for a time-share-type-vacation-thing (we did not buy in, by the way) and then we had some free time to explore the area. I had one thing I wanted to do in Lincoln. Go to the Flume Gorge.

Stopping along the road for a selfie with the gorgeous fall colors!






About the Flume Gorge: The Flume is a natural gorge extending 800 feet at the base of Mount Liberty. The walls of Conway granite rise to a height of 70 to 90 feet and are 12 to 20 feet apart.

Starting our hike up to the gorge!


The entire hike was breath-takingly beautiful. We had the best time seeing the scenery!

We walked up the stairway that you see in the pictures to get to the top of the Flume. 

Again, it was so hard to capture the beauty of this place, from my phone!
You can “google” Flume Gorge for more pics if you want.


After making Nik take my weekly “Baby D” picture - I made him take one!





It was so much fun exploring the Gorge with Nik - but I was so tired from the day, that I was in bed and asleep by 8:45pm! Oh, guess what I had for dinner? Thai food. In NH. We found this great little Thai and Sushi place and I enjoyed my Thai food sooo much!


To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment